0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Motorola Droid 1

3 vote(s)
    100.0%

Last Updated:

1. lolreconlol

lolreconlol Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, after a lot of comparing and testing the phones out, I still need some help, and hopefully someone here can set me straight. :p It's come down to either the Curve 8530, or the Droid. The BlackBerry would be free, and the Droid would be around $50. I'm coming from a Voyager now, so either of these will be my first smart phone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Things to keep in mind:
    -Internet isn't a main selling feature, but apps like Facebook and Twitter are.
    -I have an iPod Touch, so I don't need a game machine.
    -I tried texting on the Droid today and the top row of keys felt a little cramped, is that a problem or will I get used to it?

Question time!
    1) Since the Curve 8530 (supposedly) won't be able to get 6.0, what features will I miss out on if I decide to get the BlackBerry?
    2) Which device will last me longer, without feeling outdated and old, and last easily until my next upgrade in two years?
    3) I text and check my email a lot, which device has better battery life?
    4) Is there any difference in call quality?

Any advice you can offer will be great, thanks! ;)

Advertisement
  2. tylerdurdin

tylerdurdin Well-Known Member

Thats like choosing between Ice cream and cancer, or winning the lottery and being run over by a dump truck. I will go out on a limb and say you might want to choose the Droid.

3. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

Ill chime in here because I used to own 2 junkberries.

Ok. If email is your thing u might want to stick with boringberry. It just has better email, and that pretty much ends our discussion.

I have a Droid1 and am so happy with it I have had friends switch.

Ok answer time.

Yeah their new os is recycled and kinda dumb!!! Kevin over at crackberry gets a little too excited when he sees stuff that should have been implemented a while ago. What you will miss out on is blackberry cleaning things up. Easier to use features...

I'm sticking with my Droid 1 for a while.. yeah there is already a 2 out BUT I am nowhere near worried that my device wont last me another year. This thing is a beast!

The blackberry has slightly better battery life. But I do more than just emails on my phone so I'm not the best one to answer that.

And..... call quality. My Droid is the best phone I have used in terms of quality. Blackberries aren't junk but in my experience, my Droid has been better.

4. darkendandroid23

darkendandroid23 Well-Known Member

Screw blackberry they are just like nokia so sick and tired of companies think they can advoid the new smartphone phenomenon. Nothing wrong with having your own OS but the support for it can be terrible and makes people run away, hence blackberry 6.0 and the N900 terrible devices, the meego is not going to be any different either.

5. MrX8503

MrX8503 Well-Known Member

Lmao!

If work email is very important then pick the BB. For everything else go for the droid 1

6. ben twilley

ben twilley New Member

Testified