Motorola Droid being slow and battery keeps dying

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tj31, Jan 2, 2010.

1. tj31

tj31 New Member

Dec 27, 2009
    My Motorola Droid has been working fine until yesterday. Now it is very slow, keeps forcing close and my battery keeps dying. I noticed it starting happening after getting a couple of apps updates yesterday (for a shopping list app and anti-virus app). Don't know if that is a coincidence or if it has something to do with it. I also have the sync symbol up in the toolbar by the battery, 3G symbol, etc and I don't recall it being there before the problems either. I turned off auto sync but this did not help. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement

2. GtRacerH

GtRacerH Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    get rid of the apps and see if it improves. if it does, then stop using those apps.

3. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    System Admin
    Florida
    Get Rid of that Anti Virus, that right there is your problem.

4. tj31

tj31 New Member

Dec 27, 2009
    I saw a message about the antivirus on another thread and uninstalled it and that seems to have taken care of the problem!

5. Inphosys

Inphosys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    I. T. Engineer
    It's your antivirus app. Get rid of it ... you don't need it anyways.

6. mmullen629

mmullen629 New Member

May 19, 2010
    Hi Folks,
    So I've read the forum and have been having the same issue with battery life/phone update. I'm trying to figure out how to delete the new anti-virus app but cannot figure out what it is called. Does anyone know or can tell me where it's located?
    Many thanks!