Motorola Droid Bionic - All Things Root Guide

1. tehsusenoh

tehsusenoh Well-Known Member

YankeeDudeL likes this.
  2. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

no rush. just wanted to get it on the forum so people knew about it.
  3. tehsusenoh

The thread has been modified. There is now a link over to RootzWiki for the new 1-click restore, and I have removed the ROM Manager references, as they were somewhat pointless.
    YankeeDudeL and OutOfPhase like this.
  4. bluemsw

bluemsw Well-Known Member

I have downloaded the 64 bit driver and when I am installing the file i get an error that there is a missing file and installation can't continue. I tried installing the 32 bit and it tells me i need the 64 bit for my computer. I have tried downloading 5.2.0 from multiple sites and tried 5.1.0 and nothing is working. Can anyone help. thanks.
  5. tehsusenoh

Can you screenshot the error?
  6. OutOfPhase

can you run moto driver installation program. If you can run clean only and then uninstall 5.2 from programs. reboot windows and then reinstall 5.2 and see if that helps.
  7. bluemsw

I can't get the screen shot to work but the message is

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."
  8. bluemsw

The Moto Driver program is the one I am trying to install when I get the error
  9. tehsusenoh

Run this utility, restart, then try again.

|MG| Windows Installer CleanUp Utility 7.2 Download
  10. bluemsw

11. tehsusenoh

Have you checked the Start Menu?

EDIT: I just installed it, go into the Program Files folder, and it's there under "Windows Installer Clean Up."
  12. bluemsw

found it.
  13. tehsusenoh

Re-read my edit, it's in the Program Files folder, or Program Files (x86) if on 64-bit Windows.
  14. bluemsw

I am sorry I found it. I just missed it before posting my message and found it this time. That did the trick. There was an older driver I tried to install earlier in the year and that was causing the problem. I deleted it with the utility and re-installed the moto driver. It worked and I am now rooted. Thanks for all of the help.
  15. mills23

mills23 Well-Known Member

16. tizzle86

tizzle86 New Member

Worked flawlessly thank you now i removed bloatware running much better
  17. tehsusenoh

To those subscribed to the thread: I have replaced 3 sections of the guide with a link to the all in one tool. It's really great.

To anyone who hasn't rooted, please forever root so you don't lose your root in an upgrade.
  18. fyrmd

fyrmd Well-Known Member

Now that we are starting to get some ROMs, could you maybe make a list of them with shortcuts on the reference page? The pros and cons of each would be helpful too. They had something similar to this on the forums when I had my X.

Thanks!
  19. M17aNda

M17aNda New Member

Thanks for providing such an easy to follow way to fix what I "fixed" by deleting yahoomail:p
  20. tehsusenoh

When I have the free time, I'll make a list. I won't be testing the .893 ones, as I'm not willing to update until it's official, but I will make a list of all the ROMs I know of. :D
  21. OutOfPhase

I will write something up.
  22. goldz28

goldz28 Well-Known Member

I get hung up here

[​IMG]

Any ideas?
  23. amageus

amageus Well-Known Member

Are you running #2? I brought that up at rootzwiki but I didn't check for a response. #2 hangs on me too. Suggest doing #1 or checking to see if Dhacker updated the program.
  24. OutOfPhase

25. goldz28

goldz28 Well-Known Member

I redownloaded the files, reintalled the drivers, I went ahead and did option 1.

Now if I try and update to 893 I will probably lose root right? I don't want to have to set my phone up again....:lol:

At least I have a back up and titanium to back up my apps.