Advertisement
    :
  2. man that phone looks nice. looks like it will smoke the thunderbolt
  3. 2003vstrom

2003vstrom Well-Known Member

sweet Jesus:eek::D
  4. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

not really competition, is kinda a different class. we will see release dates for everything, that will give a better idea
  5. Both are high-end Android phones on Verizon. So far, Bionic has significantly better specs than what we know about the Thunderbolt currently. Unless HTC pulls some kind of surprise, I will be skipping on it. LG will be announcing the Revolution and Samsung still has there turn to take in announcements. It's looking grim for the Thunderbolt.
  6. howarmat

exactly, the dual core devices are another league IMO. They are the future while the HTC is just going out with a decent bang being the first LTE phone for VZW and being the last big single core device.
  7. wintersg3

wintersg3 Well-Known Member

I like that Motorola is setting the bar high, it gives everyone else a high standard to live up to.
  8. Blacklight82

Blacklight82 Well-Known Member

I agree that the Thunderbolt is going to have to surprise us with some amazing specs. Motorola, Samsung, and LG are going to dual cores and I would hope HTC does the same. An overclocked 2nd gen Snapdragon is good but not great. Watch as the Thunderbolt has a quad core! I love HTC phones and I'd like to keep upgrading to them.
    ckochinsky125 likes this.
  9. Ares_EMS

Ares_EMS Active Member

I really like the specs on the Bionic, although I much prefer Sense over Bing and Motoblur, even with all the features I want.. Hopefully HTC surprises us tomorrow, if not, I'll be happy with my DINC for now :)
  10. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Waiting for a dual core. gTablet has spoiled me.
  11. desmofan

desmofan Well-Known Member

Here are some specs (although somewhat conjectured) from here for the Thunderbolt:

• 1.2Ghz Qualcomm MSM8960 dual-core CPU
    • Android 2.3
    • LTE support
    • 4.3″ Touchscreen
    • 8 megapixel autofocus camera with Dual-LED flash (with HD video recording)
    • 5 megapixel front-facing camera
    • Radio: Quadband UMTS/LTE/HSDPA/HSUPA
    • 802.11b/g/n
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS/aGPS
    • Hotspot mode
    • 16 GB internal memory
    • 1800mAh battery
    If this is true, the Thunderbolt looks like it has a faster processor, more internal RAM, and a higher resolution front camera. Looks pretty good to me, hopefully we'll have real specs for these phones soon.
  12. The bionic doesnt have bing? no droid branded phone has bing where did you see the bionic has bing?
  13. those are old and proven wrong the processor listed isnt even available for commercial use yet
  14. desmofan

desmofan Well-Known Member

I saw that elsewhere about a nonosecond after posting. I guess my LTE anxiety got the best of me...lol
  15. Understandable, happens to the best of us lol. Hopefully in a few hours we will find out the official specs and release date
  16. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

512 MB RAM? Screw that.

1 GB or better. I won't get a device with less than that.

And how wants a 4.3" screen that'll drain battery? I want the ATRIX 4G with its 4" screen...

Damnit. Disappointing.
  17. chris2k5

chris2k5 Well-Known Member

4.3" is the new standard now...
  18. howarmat

4.3 isnt really standard, there are many that are small still. 4" is a sweet spot for many people i think
    jroc and ckochinsky125 like this.