Motorola Droid Car Mount, Multimedia Dock $29.99 Each

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

With the Motorola Droid running Android 2.0 you’ll have access to none other than Google Maps Navigation, but as you saw yesterday, it’s kind of hard to use if you don’t have a car mounting solution in place. Fortunately Verizon Wireless and Motorola are selling a Car Mount, which they officially call a Phone [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

3. Vance

Vance Well-Known Member

Does the multi-media dock charge the phone, or hook up to speakers? It looks like it is just a stand.

Edit, I see that it does charge. But how does it play music? Just through the internal speakers?

4. DrDroid

DrDroid Well-Known Member

the multimedia dock has a usb port in the back so you can connect it to your charger or computer

5. Vance

Vance Well-Known Member

OK, but I am not seeing the use case for this. It says it is a media dock, which would seem to mean it is meant as a means to play music or video out. I can't see much use of hooking it up to a computer since most folks will already have their media on their computer. I suppose you could hook it up to a stereo, but with a USB connection? Are there other AV outs? I could see it being a nifty alarm clock/radio replacement, but with what speakers?

I am just not getting it.

6. DrDroid

This dock is very basic, no a/v outputs. Give aftermarket manufactures some time, I'm pretty sure they will release more functional docks for it.

7. Vance

Vance Well-Known Member

Oh, yes, I am sure when this takes off, there will be a lot to choose from! Looking forward to it for sure.

8. DrDroid

if you really can't wait for a better dock, you can just simply use that dock along with this for audio output to your home stereo system.[​IMG]