Motorola Droid Custom Rom Issues

Last Updated:

1. SteroidalFish2

SteroidalFish2 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone, I've been rooted for about a week, and was wanting to try custom roms. The problem is...NONE of them will work properly. Every single one I try, Simply Stunning, Cyanogen, Lithium Mod, Kangerade, Sapphire...they all fail. They all make the phone EXTREMELY slow, or cause it to not work at all. I tried out different kernels, such as UL, low, and even medium with no success. I performed all the necessary steps, flash SPR, stock 2.1 rooted rom. All I really want is a good theme, with different fonts, but I can't sacrifice my phone (or my sanity) to have these things. If there's anything anyone can do to help me, please do so. It would be much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. William T Riker

William T Riker Well-Known Member

Have you tried Pete's stock rooted roms? With the deodexed versions you can add a theme on top if you want. I use his FRG22 with Fabs xTheme over top of it and it blazes

Peter Alfonso

SteroidalFish2 likes this.
  3. SteroidalFish2

SteroidalFish2 Member This Topic's Starter

I'll look into it, I was really fond of JRummy's two roms, but both did the same thing as all the other roms. If it counts for anything, I tried Bugless Beast, and it performed the same. Anybody else ever have this issue?