Motorola Droid Deleting ALL My Text MessagesSupport

Last Updated:

1. mmluna

mmluna New Member This Topic's Starter

My Motorola Droid has deleted all of text messages including the locked messages. It says force close and when I go back into my messages there are no messages in my inbox!

Advertisement
  2. bb90

bb90 Member

having the same problem and it has happened to me three times since i have gotten it. It happens like once every two or so months

3. Bigbeckbowski

Bigbeckbowski New Member

this has been happening to me since the last update. Has happened about 4 times to me now. You find anything on this yet?

4. aarong83

aarong83 New Member

Same thing just happened to me today. Looked for more info online and found this link:

Issue 5669 - android - Droid deleting all Messaging/SMS conversation threads at random or triple sending - Project Hosting on Google Code

I use Moto Droid and handcent sms. No force close message for me, but the force close does happen to several others.

This has been happening to hundreds of people for months. Post 209 explains how to download the SDK tool to generate a bug report for the google engineers. Please note, the instructions aren't perfectly clear so you must be somewhat competent with computers to get it to work properly.

It does not only happen to Moto Droids. Nexus Ones also. Possible some other models as well I did not have enough time to read all the posts.

For some people, it appears to be happening several times a day, after starting off somewhat slowly. One suggestion is to perform a soft reboot, by powering down phone and removing battery for more than 30 sec. Don't know if this works, but I tried it. Other people get their phone replaced but that doesn't fix it either. There are plenty of theories but no concrete evidence. The only fix is to download a sms backup tool and use it constantly.