Motorola Droid... Forum Renamed


Last Updated:

  1. Rob

    Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2008
    Messages:
    1,700
    Likes Received:
    2,946
    I just renamed the forum to Motorola Droid as some people have requested. I'm a little reluctant to do so because it ISN'T 100% official. Sure they are advertising "Droid Does" but a phone is NEVER shown/discussed in the campaign.

    What if they are using this to launch their group of Android Phones? Actually now that I think about it they do say something about a 5MP camera and flash so I guess that is device specific...

    Anyways, however you look at it the forum is renamed Motorola Droid! Also there is a 99% chance I am buying this phone. The 1% takes into consideration extenuating circumstances like, "to obtain phone you must jump off the top of mt. everest"
     

    Advertisement
  2. celios

    celios Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2009
    Messages:
    159
    Likes Received:
    2
    +1, although I would give consideration to the Everest jump... :D

    I'm a Nokia N97 user and have had my eye on Android for a while - the Droid seems to have hit the sweetspot for me, with the combination of QWERTY, formfactor and features. My only concern is that the battery life is OK. Since it has replaceable batteries, it's not a showstopper like some other phones i could mention, but to have enough juice for a full day of hard usage would be great.
     
  3. Jacqueline

    Jacqueline Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2009
    Messages:
    393
    Likes Received:
    6
    Thank you, Rob!
    My 1% chance for another phone would be if the Android Sony X3 Snapdragon 4" Screen phone shows up on Tmobile for a $50 per month unlimited. I would have to seriously consider that... but even then Verizon has the network that works for me.
     
  4. ajm144k

    ajm144k Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2009
    Messages:
    115
    Likes Received:
    2
    hey yo Rob:

    I don't think Verizon is going to advertise the DroidDoes campaign stressing the keyboard if they are using the DroidDoes campaign for ALL their coming Android phones, because they ALL won't have the keyboard like the Droid will (the Hero won't).

    Oh, and look at the device name on BGR's pictures. Its Droid. Device specific. That model ID won't be in there to label an ad campaign, its in there to label that phone.

    so you did the right thing by changing it from Sholes to Droid. no worries
     
  5. Jacqueline

    Jacqueline Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2009
    Messages:
    393
    Likes Received:
    6
    There is also the fact that the phone not only spells out droid when it boots, but the says droid too. I think we are safe that the specific phone is called droid.
     
  6. Twisted1800

    Twisted1800 New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    When I first saw this phone, I was kinda hesitant to buy it, that's until I started fooling around with the thing. The iphone can kiss my shiny *** I love this phone. Good phone and a great network, that's all I need.:D
     
  7. DataChuck

    DataChuck New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    is there any news about being able to use flash player on the droid.
     
  8. cggorman

    cggorman Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2010
    Messages:
    676
    Likes Received:
    664
    Nothing new. Flash 10.1 is still coming to Android (not to be confused with Droid) in first half of 2010.
     
  9. Gunner

    Gunner Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2009
    Messages:
    660
    Likes Received:
    89
    Holy thread mining, batman.
     
    Coogi and spangler07 like this.
  10. ssantan2

    ssantan2 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2009
    Messages:
    352
    Likes Received:
    20
  11. noonehereyet

    noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2008
    Messages:
    3,121
    Likes Received:
    78
    Lets try and get this thread back on track and not pick fights......
     
  12. Psychokitty

    Psychokitty Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2009
    Messages:
    613
    Likes Received:
    64
    :confused:WTF?!
     

Share This Page

Loading...