Motorola Droid Media Player Screeching SoundSupport

Last Updated:

1. nganter33

nganter33 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello Everyone,

I have had my Motorola Droid for about a month now, and I use Pandora frequently on my car stereo and when I workout in the gym. I notice that during high-pitched areas of songs, the audio becomes screechy for a second. This is a distinct sound and there is really no way for me to describe it, unless if I were to record it. However, if this has happened to you, you will know what I'm talking about.

I am running the default Android OS, from when I received the phone, 2.0.1.

I'm not sure if this is a Pandora, Android OS, or hardware issue. It happens frequently, on the high-pitched areas of songs.

Originally, I thought it was my headphones, because they have been through the washer a few times. :eek:

I have confirmed that it is not the headphones, and that is it something with the phone. Like I mentioned earlier, I believe either Pandora, Android OS, or hardware to be the culprit.

Is this happening to any other Droid 2.0.1 owners out there? I have not tested other media players for this issue, but I plan to soon. I just want to see if anyone else has noticed this or had this problem. I hope to narrow down what's causing this issue, as soon as I find some time.

Advertisement
  2. nganter33

nganter33 New Member This Topic's Starter

Has this happened to anybody else? :confused:

3. choofins

choofins New Member

Go into your Pandora settings and change the audio quality to high while streaming on the network. Assuming you have unlimited data or you don't have a problem with your data usage, this is an easy fix.