Motorola Droid or HTC Hero?

Last Updated:

1. minimadj

minimadj Member This Topic's Starter

Im looking for an Android phone but don't really know which to choose.
    I've read a little about them, but don't really know a great deal.
    Just to clarify though, do all Andorid phones use the same OS, but just have different hardware features or do they have different versions of the Android OS depending on which phone you have?
    The only reason I ask is because I'm foxed about HTC having 'Sense UI' and Motorola having 'MOTOBLUR'.

One thing I've read about the Motorola is that it doesn't support Pinch & zoom, is that something a software update could potentially fix in the future, or a hardware restriction?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Moved you post from the Droid forum to the lounge

3. minimadj

minimadj Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry, I didn't realise I posted it in the wrong area :eek:

4. iflymyhelishigh

iflymyhelishigh Member

OK. The HTC Hero is running Android 1.6. The Motorola Droid is running 2.0. For a little bit, you'll be experiencing more of a polished interface on the Hero until 2.0 is refined a little more. Keep in mind that the Droid is getting an OS update on December 11

5. carbn14

carbn14 Member

The Hero is running 1.5 currently so there are some UI differences between the two. The two major differences are the phones themselves and the network.

Those are decisions that have to be made by you. I personally have the Hero on Sprint and love them both. The phone is awesome and the coverage is excellent. But that differ depending on where you are.

6. ajuarbe

ajuarbe Well-Known Member

The Hero is going to get a 2.0 upgrade how soon is the thing in question. I have Sprint and for the price you pay for their plans I can use 1.5 until 2.0 comes out for it. Not to mention the HERO looks 100000000x better than the Droid.