Motorola Droid weird sound issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. bobbrhodes

bobbrhodes New Member This Topic's Starter

Everything was working well when I plugged in to docking/media station for the night. When I awoke, the texts and phone calls no longer ring. Additionally, no sound files will play either. It sounds like the speaker has blown ( hissing and crackling is heard) , however headphones sound the same. I am able to make calls with no audio problems during the call even on speakerphone. Any Ideas?

Advertisement
  2. ldmanley1

ldmanley1 Member

I had this same issue. The docking station basically hijacks the speakerphone of the phone to play music or media like a radio. I think it has issues when you undock it. I would imagine it's like undocking a device from a computer without safely removing? It doesn't fully recognize the device is gone and revert back the settings.

I heard the same hissing and crackling coming from the speaker on the back of the phone. Restarted the phone and it went away.

3. ldmanley1

ldmanley1 Member

I have a weirder issue with my sound intermittently jumping pitch and frequency to where it sounds like my pandora plays alvin and the chipmunk remixes.

Ringtones and other audio application do this too but it isn't consistent. Doesn't matter if I'm playing it through headphones or my docking station. I originally thought it was my pandora app, so I uninstalled and re-downloaded but to no avail. then it happened on my iHeartradio app and my ringer does it (though I can only think of the ringtone doing it while plugged into my docking station)

Does anyone else experience this?

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

battery pull

5. scpatl4now

scpatl4now Member

I had the same problem...battery pull has fixed it so far