Motorola Droid.... what a disappointment

Last Updated:

1. Zipper

Zipper Member This Topic's Starter

I got my motor Droid a few months ago and have had nothing but problems with it. WiFi cuts out constantl, phone does random revolts, every other app force closes, touch keyboard lags horribly. Just to name a few of my problems. Am I the only one who has issues with this phone?

Advertisement
  2. boomhower

boomhower Well-Known Member

Have you tried swapping it for another one? You could have just gotten a bad phone. It is one of the best selling Android phones of all time, it's a very solid phone. If it was badly flawed it wouldn't be selling like it is.

3. Zipper

Zipper Member This Topic's Starter

I have exchanged my phone once already. Maybe my local Verizon store got a bad batch of phones. My wife hasn't had any problems with hers. She doesn't use hers as much as I use mine though. The WiFi issues are the biggest problem for me. Have to keep turning it off and back on. It cuts out and say not in range in setting untilled I click on connect.

4. Timon0x31

Timon0x31 New Member

The only problem I've had is WiFi.

When mine shows it shows full bars but it's really not connected. If you scan for networks it can't find any. When you try to access some site it's not passing data.

Most of the time when you leave the WiFi area it still thinks it connected so the 3G won't pick up. Turning the WiFi off and back on solves the problem. It really looks like a hardware issue.

I'm swapping it at Verizon as soon as I figure out how to reload the apps quickly.

5. TonyG

TonyG Well-Known Member

I found the Droid Wi-Fi stability highly dependent on the access point: it's perfect at home, but stinks big time at work and not great at Panera, even if the signal strength is high.

6. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

Mine has always worked great at home. It worked well when I was at work also, but I am no longer employed...heh...

Bad batches maybe? The only time I had any trouble was when I was running an Alpha Rom (Passion) so it was to be expected...

7. Deanie

Deanie Well-Known Member

Could your wifi issues be your router or the distance from it? I had a new netgear router and our wireless would blip off constantly, causing some devices to require more elaborate reconnection strategies. You roam more with a phone than a laptop...perhaps you're getting out of (good) range.

Then I got a much better linksys router. We have 2 laptops, a wifi radio, the wii (it can get internet movies from netflix) and my droid, all competing for wifi connections, plus a cabled desktop. I rarely have dropped connections anymore.

I usually can use wifi anywhere in my house, but my droid is more picky. Right now I'm using 3g because the wifi is too slow, had only 1 bar upstairs.

Before you blame the device, check the router. They do go bad, and can start with intermittant service.

8. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Nope but I haven't had any of your problems either. What apps do you have loaded? Are you running a task killer?

Well, except for the WiFi issue. If you have an N router then try running it in G-only mode instead of mixed.

9. Isthmus

Isthmus Well-Known Member

The only problem I've had with my droid is not enough RAM to runs some of the mods I'd like to run seamlessly (I can run them but they lag a little). Other than that, I'm enjoining my Droid immensely.