Motorola Droid Wifi ProblemsSupport

1. Beckett

Beckett Member

My motorola droid for some reason when i connect to wifi it will connect then disconect untill i shut phone off or turn airplane mode on. Is there anything i can do to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Which version of the Droid do you have so I can get this to the best forum to get you an answer?

Welcome aboard! :D
  3. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

My son had my old OG Droid running CM 7.1 and has the same problem. I don't recall having that problem with Simply Stunning ROMs (which were CM based).

I also had the problem when using stock ROMs. When rooted, I was able to open a console and "kill wpa_supplicant" to correct the problem without rebooting.
  4. Beckett

Beckett Member

Motorola droid, running factory everything. ive tried restoring an everything an no luck.
  5. Beckett

Beckett Member

Any ideas?
  6. Beckett

Beckett Member

My old motorola droid the usb port went out in it. So my friend gave me his old one but the catch is the wifi dont work. Soon as you turn wifi on it turns off an will repeat till you put in airplane mode or restart it. I only have a 1 gig data plan so i really need to be able to use wifi. is there anything i can do ive tried factory resetting it mulitple times along with everything my friend has tried.
  7. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Does it do this on all wifi networks?
  8. Beckett

Beckett Member

Yes, it dosent matter if there is a hotspot 2 feet away or nowhere it will turn on then turn off till i shut the device off. I am now rooted an running buggless beast an still having the issue. any ideas?
  9. Beckett

Beckett Member

I tried "kill wpa_supplicant" and it still tuns off then back on. uhm, would there be like custom wifi kernals or something?
  10. druveen

druveen New Member

Solved in motorola atrix i was also having problem to connect to my home wi-fi , mobile would detect some times wi-fi and some times not. Then after some research i was able to fix it. In my wi-fi router D-link DIR-600 i went to setup->wi-fi settings -> mannual settings then -> disbale "Enable Auto Channel Selection" and then selected 11 in Wireless Channel option and saved the settings. then in phone i went to settings-> wireless & network -> wi-fi settings -> manage network -> menu(advance)->peer-to-peer(ad-hoc) channel i selected 11 and saved it wi-fi started working in my motorola atrix .
  11. Beckett

Beckett Member

12. darkphate

darkphate New Member

I know how to fix it because it happened to me for so long download FXR Wifi fix from the andriod market
  13. Marina615

Marina615 New Member

I'm dealing with this problem now and hoping that I can solve it so that I don't have to return an otherwise-wonderful android phone. Your instructions were very clear (esp. the Android phone part). However I'm mystified about the wi-fi router setup--where do I find the wi-fi router settings on my PC (I'm using an old IBM with Windows XP). Many thanks.
  14. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

Find out the IP address of your router (instruction book, etc.) and type it on the address line of your browser. This will take you to the router's menu, and through some navigation, you should be able to find the router settings noted above. NOTE - THEY ARE NOT SETTINGS FOUND ON YOUR COMPUTER.