• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola droid wont take a charge

ImAtCSULA

Lurker
Apr 6, 2010
Hi guys let me start by saying im new to howardforums. I just got a motorola droid and today after school i tried charging it cause the battery died. However when i plugged it in, the phone just loads the motorola symbol and losses power and goes back to the motorola symbol again. it does this over and over as long as the phone is plugged into power. when its not plugged in, it wont even turn on.

I then held down the center button on the directional pad while it was load (accidently) and it went to I guess what is called the bootloader. It then gave a message: Battery too low, cannot load program.
this message blinks on and off the screen until u unplug the phone. I have no idea why this would happen. I did absolutely nothing to the phone and Im totally bummed out. Someone please help me out

ps. keep in mind that i use a mac comp so I have no idea were to start. Not sure if I can use apples terminal like you guys do with the dos stuff...

thanks in advance

James

i've had this issue before. use the wall charger. for some reason, if the phone is really really dead, it wont accept a charge from a computer or car charger. strange but happens. also, if it doesnt appear to be charging, take out the battery and put it back in. happened to me once where it wasnt charging at all until i did this. was odd.

Upvote 0
i've had this issue before. use the wall charger. for some reason, if the phone is really really dead, it wont accept a charge from a computer or car charger. strange but happens. also, if it doesnt appear to be charging, take out the battery and put it back in. happened to me once where it wasnt charging at all until i did this. was odd.
Same here, although I've never had a problem charging from a car charger though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Okay so after trying everything that others had posted nothing worked.

What i did was open the bootloader thing and when it displayed the low battery cannot charge error message i just held down the power button for a few seconds then let go. it shut down I then pressed the power button again. and it took a second but it worked perfectly.

So my conclusion is that there is an issue with the software loading the battery to charge or something. but either way this worked for me!

thanks for everyone that gave me their .02 cents

-James

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones