• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola Droid X^2 press shots leak

After having both a Droid X and an EVO 4G... I can honestly say I never once in the past over 12 months of ownership have used the Front Facing Camera on my EVO. Not even by accident.... Far from a dealbreaker.

100% agree! its like the talk to text feature....(at least for me) I used it once and never used it again.....my bro in law has the iphone 4 (company phone) and does programming for A&F .....never uses the front facing camera....He has a ton of meetings and alot of conversations with co-workers...(that have the iphone4) and none of them use the front facing camera...

Upvote 0
100% agree! its like the talk to text feature....(at least for me) I used it once and never used it again.....my bro in law has the iphone 4 (company phone) and does programming for A&F .....never uses the front facing camera....He has a ton of meetings and alot of conversations with co-workers...(that have the iphone4) and none of them use the front facing camera...

It's hard to keep driving, walking the dog, doing the laundry or dishes, taking out the trash, typing your report, etc. while staring at a camera and someone else's face on the screen, but it's pretty easy to carry on a voice conversation with a hands free bluetooth headset.

Call me Captain Obvious, but I still buy a phone to make phone calls. The only time I would want the front facing camera is if I was overseas and wanted to voice chat with the kiddos.

OH CRAP! Berizon doesn't have very many phones that have a front facing camera that are also world-ready, do they?? Do they even have one?

Anyways. I agree. They are nice on laptops and tablets, but less useful on phones with such small screens. Increasing tendency to further cap data plans is only going to make FFC's on phones LESS attractive. I suppose they make a cool mirror ...

Upvote 0
It's hard to keep driving, walking the dog, doing the laundry or dishes, taking out the trash, typing your report, etc. while staring at a camera and someone else's face on the screen, but it's pretty easy to carry on a voice conversation with a hands free bluetooth headset.

Call me Captain Obvious, but I still buy a phone to make phone calls. The only time I would want the front facing camera is if I was overseas and wanted to voice chat with the kiddos.

OH CRAP! Berizon doesn't have very many phones that have a front facing camera that are also world-ready, do they?? Do they even have one?

Anyways. I agree. They are nice on laptops and tablets, but less useful on phones with such small screens. Increasing tendency to further cap data plans is only going to make FFC's on phones LESS attractive. I suppose they make a cool mirror ...

They are(webcams) nice on laptops...We have one on our macbook pro but again it wasnt a deal breaker......I have a DX and love it and I will most likely get the DX2...The DX has been the best phone I have ever had...so the DX2, I will be all over!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones