Motorola Droid X possibly hacked to run on At&t?

1. powermac82

powermac82 New Member

I know this might sound stupid at first, but please hear me out. I am an At&t customer, and I want to replace my iPhone 4 with my amazing Droid X. I went to Dialer and dialed *#*#4636#*#* and it brought me to a special menu with phone info, battery info and a whole bunch of other stuff. Upon going to the Phone information page, I noticed there was a setting called "Select preferred network type". I clicked this list and it showed WCDMA only, GSM Auto (PRL), CDMA Auto (PRL), CDMA only, EvDo only, GSM/CDMA auto (PRL) and unknown. I selected GSM Auto (PRL) and I want to know if somehow I can get this to work on At&t. I have a Droid X classic 24GB.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

I dunno. I feel that if that were possible it would have been found out by now since the phone has been out for quite some time.
  3. johnan2112

johnan2112 Active Member

Even if you can get it on AT&T's GSM network, you still wouldn't have a SIM card slot so you wouldn't be able to use the phone.
  4. jcash3

jcash3 Well-Known Member

What the heck is a Droid X classic?
  5. Metfanant

Metfanant Well-Known Member

no SIM card in the X = no GSM service...would take much more than a hack to pull that off....

Droid X classic?
  6. sonofaresiii

sonofaresiii Well-Known Member

You are so metal right now.
  7. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

You got the Droid X classic did you? I went with the Droid X limited edition. I almost went with the Spyder, but didn't like the look of the rag top.
    gallandof likes this.
  8. AmneonX

AmneonX Well-Known Member

Classic? Limited? Why limit yourself so much. I got the SPECIAL GOLD Droid X. Has a 4 GHz Quad Core Processor, and the case is solid gold.

Anyways, No I'm pretty sure its not possible.
  9. sonofaresiii

sonofaresiii Well-Known Member

Psh, only gold? n00b.
  10. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

+1
  11. Watson111505

Watson111505 JDUB VIP Member

Silly AT@T folk... port your # over to big Red and feel the power of a real network.
  12. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

No way to do it without a SIM card, which the Droid X does not have.
  13. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

It doesn't even matter if it has a SIM card.

It's the wrong chipset. CDMA radios cannot run on GSM networks.
  14. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

Nor does it have a GSM radio.
  15. TexasAg03

TexasAg03 Well-Known Member

That's not true in all regions. I'm in the north Texas area, and AT&T is just as good as Verizon in my experience. I have just as many, if not more, dropped calls with my Droid X as I did with my iPhone 3Gs.

I also lost a significant amount of download speed as well. The Droid X is a good phone, but I'm underwhelmed by the network.
  16. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

You can go from VZW to MetroPCS, Cricket, and others. I think even Sprint. But not to AT&T.

But if you want something like the X, The Atrix is similar and on AT&T.
  17. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

I got the Droid XL. It just fit better....
  18. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Well-Known Member

Listen up, you people..... Get the Droid X RT. It's smaller phone, 2.25" x 4.10" and only .325" thick. It comes with a 2750mA battery. But the best part.... it still has a 4.3in screen!!!! I don't know how they did it, but they did. Magic or something.....

"Isn't fun the best thing to have?" Quote by Arthur from the movie by the same name.
  19. MyTjSux

MyTjSux Well-Known Member

this sounds like it hurts