Motorola Droid X VS HTC Droid Incredible: Camera Test, PT 2.

Last Updated:

1. Clittzen

Clittzen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So this is my second camera test for the Motorola Droid X VS the HTC Droid Incredible. First test I did completely stock, but I used flash vs no flash. This one I am using all stock, not touching flash, I am using still objects. No variants what so ever.

I tried my best... once again Incredible was not agreeing with focusing properly. For small objects I tried many times, it would not budge. For large objects it did great though.

The X was superior because it would focus on small objects with ease and I would only have to snap ONE picture.

The Incredible did better in one area, the computer screen shot. I only had to snap one picture of the screen, where as needed to do 2 - 3 to get a good shot of it on the X.

I noticed the colours on the Incredible are warmer, where as the the X colours were a little cooler. IMO.

So still, my vote is with the X.

The Incredible does have a great camera though. :)

STOCK X: 6MP WIDESCREEN. NO FLASH.
    STOCK INC: 8 MP, NO FLASH.

X:
    [​IMG]

INC:
    [​IMG]

X:
    [​IMG]

INC:
    [​IMG]

X:
    [​IMG]

INC:
    [​IMG]

X:
    [​IMG]

INC: [​IMG]

X:
    [​IMG]

INC:
    [​IMG]

X:
    [​IMG]

INC:
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
    android-rox likes this.
  2. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

My vote is also with the X. I will be posting a thread with a full showdown between the two phone's cameras. I'm working on it at the moment and it's going to include more samples than anyone really needs. lol Something that I've definitely noticed with the X is color accuracy and exposure. The X does so much better than the Inc in low light situations. It just brings in more light. It also produces colors FAR more accurately than the Inc.

3. tbert

tbert Well-Known Member

I hope there is a fix to how the X makes everything look foggy in low/medium light.

4. darreno1

darreno1 Well-Known Member

In many pictures it doesn't

OP: did you clean the lens on the X before taking these pictures? Just curious.

5. freddyttt

freddyttt Well-Known Member

Im still waiting for the Lovely Clittzen to comment on the little flower pic(test)i did... I posted it in you first two X vs Dinc threads you started;)

X NO FLASH:
    [​IMG]

INC no flash((((my flower Pic.))) setting are set to stock. just point and shoot.

[​IMG]

INC NO FLASH:
    [​IMG]

[/QUOTE]

interesting results.....;)

6. Clittzen

Clittzen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

interesting results.....;)[/QUOTE]

Sorry I missed them! I have been really busy. :( I feel bad.

Your flower looks great! Like I said, it varies on the picture and what is being taken. The INC does a great job, but so does the X.

How large was the flower?

Those flowers I used were under an Inch in diameter. The other flowers were even smaller.

7. neoxfl

neoxfl Active Member

Hi
    I did have the same foggy problem,got to store found that auto focus is not working at all & something wrong with shutter. So I am now waiting for new X, since they did not have it in stock,hopefully i would not have these issues!!!

8. HauntedHallows

HauntedHallows Well-Known Member

I do have to say that in the reflection on the mac the incredible looks cooler if your taking pictures, the X looks like you have a digital camera from 10 years ago.

9. darreno1

darreno1 Well-Known Member

Didn't mean to hijack as I have no incredible to compare this to, but I posted just to show the haze isn't normal. Most of these I took today with my X. The dark one is with no flash. All were 8mp.

Attached Files: