• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola Droid X VS HTC Droid Incredible: Camera Test

So, Enjoy!

PS: If you have any suggestions of pictures I should post, please reply as well.

X NO FLASH:
XNOFLASH.jpg

INC no flash((((my flower Pic.))) setting are set to stock. just point and shoot.

edebbad6.jpg

INC NO FLASH:
INCNOFLASH2.jpg

interesting results.....;)

Upvote 0
So this is my second camera test for the Motorola Droid X VS the HTC Droid Incredible. First test I did completely stock, but I used flash vs no flash. This one I am using all stock, not touching flash, I am using still objects. No variants what so ever.

I tried my best... once again Incredible was not agreeing with focusing properly. For small objects I tried many times, it would not budge. For large objects it did great though.

The X was superior because it would focus on small objects with ease and I would only have to snap ONE picture.

The Incredible did better in one area, the computer screen shot. I only had to snap one picture of the screen, where as needed to do 2 - 3 to get a good shot of it on the X.

I noticed the colours on the Incredible are warmer, where as the the X colours were a little cooler. IMO.

So still, my vote is with the X.

The Incredible does have a great camera though. :)

STOCK X: 6MP WIDESCREEN. NO FLASH.
STOCK INC: 8 MP, NO FLASH.

X:
2010-07-19_15-56-53_12.jpg

INC:
IMAG0191.jpg

X:
2010-07-19_15-21-13_263.jpg

INC:
IMAG0195.jpg

X:
2010-07-19_16-08-38_924.jpg

INC:
IMAG0200.jpg

X:
2010-07-19_15-22-19_286.jpg

INC:
IMAG0197.jpg

X:
2010-07-19_15-16-29_265.jpg

INC:
IMAG0192.jpg

X:
2010-07-19_15-20-24_450.jpg

INC:
IMAG0194.jpg

Upvote 0
On everything but the glasses, ring and broach, The Inc pictures are way clearer IMO, nice tests tho, the X pics on those others seems blurry and not as clear, but tbh to get this to be fair you need to have both camera set on same MP and SETTINGS, as all camera work better on less MP then max :)

JIMO

I understand. But a lot of people would freak and say that isn't stock and isn't fair test.

So I had to leave it as simple as possible.

Upvote 0
(((your everywhere)));)

Im still waiting for the Lovely Clittzen to comment on the little flower pic(test)i did... I posted it in you first two X vs Dinc threads you started;)

X NO FLASH:(((Clittzen)))
XNOFLASH.jpg

INC no flash((((my flower Pic.))) setting are set to stock. just point and shoot.

edebbad6.jpg

INC NO FLASH:(((Clittzen)))
INCNOFLASH2.jpg

[/QUOTE]

interesting results.....;)

Upvote 0
I understand. But a lot of people would freak and say that isn't stock and isn't fair test.

So I had to leave it as simple as possible.

Its true but one phone comes stock 8 mp and the other comes stock 5, and thats hardly a fair test, you wouldn't put a 5mp digicam up against a 8 mp digicam just for fun :), so either set them both to 5 or 8 with stock settings, and should be fair enough IMO

Reactions: secretLOVER
Upvote 0
I'll be posting up a full comparison test of both devices under different lighting conditions and also night shots on the Droid X forum if any of you are interested in it. I wont post it here as to avoid having it be just a "troll thread". Both are at 8MP with Auto everything (besides shots tested for flash and non-flash). The Inc did better in some situations while the X did better in others. Sharpness definitely goes to the Inc without a doubt. Color accuracy and exposure? Well...

Upvote 0
Its true but one phone comes stock 8 mp and the other comes stock 5, and thats hardly a fair test, you wouldn't put a 5mp digicam up against a 8 mp digicam just for fun :), so either set them both to 5 or 8 with stock settings, and should be fair enough IMO

I understand what you're saying completely. But for the variance of this test, being a STOCK test thats what it is meant to be.

Maybe I'll do a test 8MP vs 8MP if I have time. :p

Upvote 0
I'll be posting up a full comparison test of both devices under different lighting conditions and also night shots on the Droid X forum if any of you are interested in it. I wont post it here as to avoid having it be just a "troll thread".

You should do 8MP VS 8MP so I can start on my video review... lol. I'm tired of taking pictures.

Upvote 0
Would be good, maybe just link it in one of these so we can find it :p

Oh sure I'll just post the link in here. It is as objective as it can be. Also, I discovered that looking at the photos on the phones after I shoot them look very different (especially when dealing with the Inc) than on the computer. I questioned myself a lot if that was what I really saw on the phone. lol Anyways... you'll be seeing it later tonight. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones