Motorola DroidX

1. meow70

meow70 Active Member

I would just like to say I was one of the first to get a Droidx...back when the Incredible was on backorder and we got to choose to get a DroidX instead....Well it was one of the worst phones I ever owned from calls...to text messages to internet...it sucked all the way around...Nuff said...

Advertisement
    :
  2. Satires

Satires Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had my issues with it also. It worked great till they updated it with gingerbread. I had to root it to fix, but after that it was alright. :) It still has this stupid quirk, when I power it down, sometimes it powers back up on it's own! lol
  3. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Mine has it's hiccups sometimes, but it's still been a great phone, don't regret getting it over the DInc at all. Still not in a big hurry to replace it...Nuff said....
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Spec wise, it was alright at the time. Could you potentially have had a faulty unit?
    lunatic59 likes this.
  5. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Yes, different users have different experiences with the same device. We see this across the spectrum of Android devices. ;)

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
  6. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Android is all about choice!

Don't like smartphone A, get smartphone B. Don't like smartphone B, get smartphone C.

Personally I had a Droid X from day one. Till the day I replaced it with a Droid Razr, it worked flawlessly. Your mileage, of course, can vary...
    acoastal, Frisco and lunatic59 like this.
  7. JediZombie

JediZombie Well-Known Member

the X was my first smartphone and I think it was awesome. It did everything it said it would and more.
    acoastal likes this.
  8. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Thread moved to correct section

TS
    VoidedSaint likes this.
  9. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

yeah i had the dx since launch day, and never had any issues with it, im curious how the user was experiencing these issues, and what he/she was doing that made this problems persistant.

the majority of us never had an issue with this device, as it was top of the line when it was introduced, and it is still to this day a powerhouse (IMHO)
    El Presidente likes this.
  10. JediZombie

JediZombie Well-Known Member

Given how there has been no rebuttal for the OP, I'm guessing this was a "vent" thread and they just wanted to see how many people they could erk.
    But I have noticed that I have been rebooting my phone more and more recently, as in every 24 hours or so, to get everything to work right.
  11. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

I feel the exact same way. Had my DX since launch date. My only issue is I never liked the camera. It's OK, but It wasn't a big step up from the LG Dare and Eris I had before the DX. I WANT to upgrade, but nothing from Verizon has tempted me away from the DX yet. I looked at the Rezound, Razr, and GN when they came out...ehhhh. Maybe the Fighter or SG3 will get me to upgrade. Till then, my DX and I are moving right along.
  12. iron_city

iron_city Well-Known Member

Had it since launch. The only issues I had were self-inflicted.

It's been a great phone. My upgrade came due last Tuesday, so this week I am off to get the SGN. I'd keep the X, but it is just too beat up physically.
  13. doniago

doniago Well-Known Member

I'm about two months from being to upgrade away from my Droid X. It's the first phone I've ever owned (last two were Windows Mobile models) where I wasn't counting down the days until I could get away from it.

I wouldn't say I love it...it's certainly given me its fair share of headaches...but it's been far superior to any other phone I've used, and for that matter most of those that I see my friends using.
  14. chaascando

chaascando New Member

I have my droid x since they've released them I had to wait 3 weeks to get it and was amazed for about 2 to 3 months everyday with something new that my phone could do I'm still amazed I'm still using my droid x
  15. bubbaken

bubbaken Well-Known Member

What makes the X great is this community.

This phone was advanced at the time of release and still holds it's own. I had the original DInc and turned it back in then waited for the X because the DInc did not meet my needs. Now I've done just about everything possible and ran every ROM out there and still have no desire to give it up. I'm up for a new phone with Verizon and am using that as my "insurance" if I break my phone. I use it for work, play and everything in between and I'm still on my original battery!

I LOVE MY X :p