Motorola i1 Android PerformanceSupport

Last Updated:

1. alexbishop

alexbishop New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I recently purchased my i1 motorola phone and installed a few games that I had used on my previous phone (iphone 3g). It seems to me that there is a very big performance difference between the two phones while running the same game.

I was wondering if this is due to the phone specs, the fact tha maybe android is running a few things in background, or if anyone knows if the iphone has faster hardware than my i1.

Thanks in advance.

alex

Advertisement
  2. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Here's a tip: research before you buy. The i1 is pretty fantastically horrible, a weird low-spec niche product running an ancient version of Android and a device I don't think anyone anywhere actually ever wanted, or wants.

The phone has terrible, terrible hardware. Given that it's running Android 1.5 (the latest is 2.2), chances are good it doesn't even have a GPU, which would make playing games on it an experience akin to pulling off your own fingernails one by one.

I'm not sure why this phone was ever even made.

3. swagner53

swagner53 Well-Known Member

The i1 not only runs an older version, it runs on the iDen network (Nextel). Not a fault of the phone, if the game is an online game the iden network speed is awful- it simply is not capable of high speed and never was intended to be. This phone was designed for someone who MUST have Nextel PTT but still wants a smartphone.

alexbishop likes this.
  4. pmacafee

pmacafee New Member

I bought an I1 because we use Direct Connect so much in our business. Is there a way to create a custom desktop for the phone so that large touchscreen buttons are presented for 4-8 key applications? I will get more of these units and dash mount them. I need to have an easy to see button that will pop up say, driving directions, maps, etc.

Also is there a way to create macros to automate applications like this sequence;?

Google maps
    menu
    search
    voice
    I could use a single key on the dash to speak an address and then have the map appear.

Anyone have any ideas?

5. Nhty

Nhty Active Member

I'm guessing you are talking about paper toss witch for some reason lags like crazy on the i1. when i first tryed that game i was shocked and disappointed. but in my experience it is just that game. i have gotten a lot of success in other games and no lag at all. i do not understand why that game is so bad.