Motorola i1 Android System helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. Mikeboy20s

Mikeboy20s New Member This Topic's Starter

I dont know if this is in the right or wrong spot, but here it goes..

I recently purchased the Motorola i1 through Boost Mobile. Reason is, I used 2way a lot & did not want to give up my previous smartphone for a 2way phone that barely does anything, so I got both, or "somewhat".

Here's my problem...

Now when I go to options & to "Manage Applications", I look down & see "Android System". Now my question is, right under where it says "Android System" in the "Manage Apps" part of settings, it displays "0.00B".

Is there some sort of update from "0.00B"-something better,higher?

I go to my options & check for updates, but it tells me that their is none.

What should I do?

And I also would like to know why that every time I go to the Android Market, click to install an app., go to "My Downloads", it does nothing but say "Starting Download..." with the gray status bar under the name of the app just grayed out the whole time...

Advertisement
  2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Member

The actual version of Android on the i1 is 1.5, although I think Motorola claims to have integrated bits of 2.1 into it. There is no upgrade available yet. :(

I have no problem installing apps. Try it on WiFi if you're not already, although I've done it over iDEN as well.

3. Mikeboy20s

Mikeboy20s New Member This Topic's Starter

So there is no upgrade avail yet for me to upgrade. From 0.00-1.5?

4. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Member

It's not "0.00B". There's no such version. It's 1.5(+).

Checking out the "Manage Applications" screen... ah, the "0.00B" you're seeing is the file size for the built-in apps, not a version number. (The "B" is for "bytes".)

5. iiTTTGii

iiTTTGii Well-Known Member

i wouldnt tinker with the pre installed apps or os system to much unless you know what your doing.
    when managing apps press the dedicated options button then filter third party only. this will pop up only apps you have installed via the market.
    (note you will have to filter to third party every time you manage your apps)
    this just assures you don't delete anything that shouldn't be.

6. Saxton2001

Saxton2001 Member

when you download apps and they dont start downloading, get all the dowlpoads and updates started then restart your phone. when it come powers back on it will most likely start your downloads. i dont know why it does this but ive used this ethod before and it works most of the time. also, whenever your trying to acces anything on the internet the switch between the iden netowrk and wifi is gonna screw up or stop anything your trying to do, so if you know you dont have wifi or barely get a signal just turn it off and deal with the slow network