Motorola i1/Boost Mobile ReviewGeneral

Last Updated:

1. seanisthekingofpie

seanisthekingofpie Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 29, 2010
    This phone was my second Android phone, but third device. Before this I had the G1 (when it was cool and actually could do stuff) and the chinese Flytouch II. The i1 has a very nice responsive touch screen, exceptional speakers, very sturdy build, and very limited functionality as a cell phone and as a android device. I can't say everyone had this problem, but every time I made a phon call, I had to type out each number and call it. I couldn't just tap the green phone on my screen to call, because the Boost mobile automated guy would tell me "Sorry, your call could not be placed. Goodbye." Everytime. I rarely received calls, but I live in a "perfect" reception area. I never got to try the push-to-talk functionality because I don't know anyone else with Boost. The unlock bar usually lagged for me, and the unlock pattern never worked while plugged into any charger.

If you want/need a prepaid phone, great! I had that need too a few months ago. But now there are a few more options, at least in the US.