• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Motorola i1 Sharing Apps with HTC Evo?

I originally posted this under "HTC Evo 4G" forums, but decided that someone under this forum may also be able to help. All below is my original post, just copied and pasted.

My mom recently got an i1 and has been playing around with it (it's her first Android phone...you may aw lol)

Anyway, I have been through about 3 different Android devices and put many ROMs on so I have backed my apps up multiple of times and instead of just going to the Market to re-download them, I just search my SD card for the apps I saved and install them again. So, over time, apps have left the market or they have changed their names, so many of the apps that I have, she can't find on the app store. So I figured I'd just use an "AppShare" kind of apps to share some of my apps with her (all of my apps are free. I never pay for apps and I don't use other methods to get paid apps anymore so all of them are free)

The problem was that I tried doing AppShare via Bluetooth and the phones paired to one another, but whenever I tried sending an app it kept saying "Cannot send item to this device because of security"...well something along the lines of that. I have checked "Allow third party apps" on both devices prior to trying to send that is under the Settings>Applications>...

I have the HTC Evo 4G with Warm twopointtwo Z ROM and hers is just a stock Motorola i1 on Boost Mobile.

I have tried sending more than one different app to her phone.

Any advice?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones