Motorola Media Link for Droid on Windows 7

Last Updated:

1. mihalich

mihalich Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey, I am trying to install motorola media link on Windows 7, (was looking at this link: Motorola Droid Syncing Music With Apple iTune | Mobile Technology Deals and Help ) and the installer is failing on Windows 7. It gets to the end and fails trying to register 2 com object dll's at the end, in the program files/common files/Nero/... dir.

Has anyone else gotten this to work on Windows 7 (32 bit)?

Thanks,
    Joe

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Heck, I can't get that s/w o run properly in WinXP! :( I need to check for an update as I'm hope they fix that software. It looks to have some nice features.

3. bluenik25

bluenik25 Well-Known Member

I got it to work on win 7 by right clicking and telling it to install like xp. That being said it wasn't worth the effort.

4. trollitc

trollitc Active Member

Yeah.

First I had to install RevoUninstaller and remove this program's previous attempts at installing.

Then, right click on the executable and choose properties. Go to the "Compatibility" tab and then select Windows XP sp3.

It still didn't behave all that well for me and I ended up removing it.

5. mihalich

mihalich Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

lol. I was about to right click and tell the installer to run in compatibility mode...but just before that I told it to run as administrator, and it still failed, so I figure this would fail too.

Anyway, the main reason I was going to install it was it said it sync'd your itunes library to the phone. Is that what it will really do? Does it convert the files to a format that the android can play, if they're not mp3's?

Joe

6. trollitc

trollitc Active Member

I never got it to successfully sync anything other than 2 movies. And that it did a really, really poor job of. So I removed it forcefully from my computer. :)