Motorola media manager questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. aclone

aclone Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone using the Motorola Media Manager (or Media Link) to sync their itunes with the X? I downloaded the software but it keeps crashing. I've seen a few people refer to it but haven't seen much about it working or being used.

I did find an app called iSyncr for PC that seems to have some good comments though.

Advertisement
  2. OrderFromChaos

OrderFromChaos Well-Known Member

I use the software on a Windows 7 64 bit OS and have no issues with it. Actually come to think of it, the software has never crashed on me. It can be slow at times, but seems stable. Then again, I don't have any music tied to iTunes so that might be the issue.

3. ackoolness

ackoolness Well-Known Member

I used verizons media manager, and that was program was useless. i highly doubt that motorolas version is any better.

i searched and found Sync Android, PSP, BlackBerry, Pre: doubleTwist with Amazon MP3

It will scan your itunes library (time depends on how big your library is) and will recognize most if not all phones and devices (including ipods). It will also upload your itunes playlists (nice).

This worked out better for me and organized the songs better than verizons program. it did mess up on a couple of songs, but this program is the best i have so far. sheck it out!

4. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

Verizons media manager won't work on a 64bit OS, so I stopped there. Does Motorola have a version that works on 64?

Maybe I should take another look, but WMP syncs everything quite nicely.

5. OrderFromChaos

I use Motorola's Media Link without issue on two different Windows 7 64bit OS machines, one using Pro and the other using Home Premium.

I cannot vouch of Verizon's media manager but I do know Motorola's does work, it's just a little slow.

6. kevroc

kevroc Member

I've used the motorola software quite a bit and it always worked great. Used it on the original droid and the X, no problems at all. When I loaded it up for the X I did a check for updates and it found a newer version that I installed, but that's about it.

7. aclone

Hmmm...I just downloaded this to my work pc (XP with all the SP updates) and the same thing happens here. I start it up and it crashes very quickly after it comes up. Head scratcher there....

8. OrderFromChaos

When you say you just downloaded it do you mean from Motorola's website or off a flash drive, etc.?

It seems Motorola has two applications, "Media Link" and "Media Manager."

The Media Link is what I use to sync my music, pictures, and videos.
    Motorola Media Link - Overview - Motorola, Inc. USA

The Media Manager application is for developers it seems.
    MOTODEV > Documentation & Tools > Other Tools > Motorola Media Manager 1.8

9. aclone

I downloaded it off the website and yes, it's media link. I realized I had the wrong healine after I posted.

10. OrderFromChaos

I didn't realize there were two different applications until I went to go hunt for the link.

You said it crashes on two different computers, right? Are both of them XP?

11. deekum1627

deekum1627 Well-Known Member

yea that didnt work for me idk why. im using doubletwist it looks just like itunes

12. aclone