1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Motorola milestone x2 please help

Last Updated:

1. I have this device. It was wonderful for the first 6 months. Now the camera and video recorder are slow. The internet is horribly slow. I am a member of an offroad forum and can no longer access my board. Someone please help me. I am an extremely simple minded mechanic. Dumb your response down for me please. I do not know anything about how a telephone works. I do not care to, I just really need this thing to work. Cspire is my service provider. I have had great luck with them and they are very helpful. However this device is not performing as it should and I am basically begging anyone that is willing to help me retrieve the lost performance.

Advertisement
  2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

You say it's running slower? have you tried clearing the cache? That usually helps speed it back up. Kinda happened with my old Inspire. :)
    Just go to Settings > Applications and start clearing the cache on your apps including the web app. That should speed your phone up too.
  3. Yes sir, I have tried that. It hasn't changed anything.
  4. Metroid Prime

Is your device rooted (Hacked) by any chance? Do you have a task killer app running?
  5. No task killer apps. Only apps are iheart radio, ebay, and photobuckrt.
  6. Metroid Prime

Have you tried turning the device off and on? We'll get to the bottom of this don't worry. :)
  7. Sure have with no luck
    Thank you very much for your help
  8. Metroid Prime

As for the camcorder and camera do you have it on it's highest resolution perhaps?
  9. Just checked, it is actually on its lowest resolution setting
  10. Metroid Prime

I may suggest a factory reset soon, but first, do you use the photo bucket app a lot?
    It may be app usage and since you cleared the cache then it can't be that. Do you save the images from photo bucket to your gallery?
  11. Photobucket is used about once a month to upload images to the offroad forum. When I take photos I upload them to photobucket and delete them from the gallery on the telephone.
  12. Metroid Prime

Hmm... Have you tried uninstalling photobucket and see if that makes a difference?
  13. I will try that. It seems to be a common issue with this device for the camera to take a while to load. Mine takes approximately 4-6 seconds.
  14. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

Hi redneckcustoms.:)

I hear you are having problems with your Milestone X. While I'm more familiar with the Droid (VZW) versions, I'll see if I can help.

I see MP has asked a lot of good questions. Seems to boil down to you are not rooted, bone stock, and don't run task killers. All good.

I want to reread the thread to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I wanted to ask a question while I read back. Does everything else seem snappy except for the camera?
  15. I went to uninstall the photobucket app and discovered two more apps that I did not know were on here. One was emerge, and the other was scout. Uninstalled all three and i'll be, I can get back on the board. The device is much faster. Not quite what it was when new, but certainly a vast improvement. I will now re-install photobucket and see what it does.
    Metroid Prime likes this.
  16. Unforgiven

I'm glad you got it sorted.
  17. Unforgiven: yes everything else seems to be fine other than the camera taking so long to come up. The internet performance seems to be back to normal since the deletion of the three apps mentioned above. Sometimes the keyboard will hesitate while a am typing. But Thar seems to be about all.
  18. Unforgiven

If you don't mind, could you let me know the apps you uninstalled. I may be able to help you understand what issues they caused.
    Granite1 likes this.
  19. "Emerge", "scout", and photobucket mobile
    Metroid Prime and Unforgiven like this.
  20. Unforgiven

Let me check these out. The permissions on scout seem off the wall, but they may be OK based on what the app is for.
    Granite1 likes this.
  21. My knowledge is very limited. So I uninstalled it to play it safe.
  22. Metroid Prime

Hey, glad the issue got sorted out. Glad we were able to help. It seems it was an app that was causing it. Glad your device is acting snappier now.
  23. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Unforgiven likes this.
  24. Not sure how to do all that, but I thank you guys very much. Without your help I would have probably thrown thrown this thing in the bushes. Thank you all very much.