Motorola Milestone's design flaw leads into blackout screen and strange movement (many pics)General

Last Updated:

1. dullmau

dullmau New Member This Topic's Starter

Many milestones users have experienced the notorious "ghost hand" screen flaw. When you touch the screen, nothing shows up. When you don't even touch it, a "ghost" hand crazily rub your screen. 8 months after using my milestone, the nightmare finally came to me.

Two days ago, my phone began to act weirdly. The touchscreen over 2, 5, 8, 0 buttons all fail. After i restarted it, it seemed to work....but wait, a ghost hand moved my screen like a psycho and those random moves are sometimes too intelligent to delete my software. (my dolphin browser, ebook reader....)

The Customer service of Moto really sucks. The girl said that she NEVER heard about this problem from anyone and I was the first one to notify them about this issue. Searching "milestone screen problem" , tons of user reports on this issue show up. Motorola is either ignorant or lying.

The solution is rubbish. The staff asked me to upgrade the latest firmware. I actually did it an hour ago but it doesn't work at all. She threw another template-rubbish answer to ask to delete everything and do the hard reset. I don't trust her anymore on this because many victims tried this and they all reported that it won't help.

Then i stumbled upon this Chinese android fans site and they probably get the answer.
    http://bbs.gfan.com/viewthread.php?tid=176579&

According to the post, the problem lies in the design of Milestone's cable between the keyboard and the screen. As you slide down the keyboard, it will tear the cable and damage it, making the insulation fail and lead into the strange touchscreen reaction. (see the last few photos. The metal lines in the cable are exposed. )

The solution seems to be too good to be true. The author says the problem is to apply a new layer of insulator (such as oil painting) on the cable and problems will be solved.

Before I dissect my phone, please let me know how you see about their solution.

Here is how they do it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the most important part: Look at the cable, the plastic insulator were torn off and metal lines are exposed

[​IMG]

The solution is to apply a new layer of insulator to cover it.

[​IMG]

Advertisement