• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Motorola Moto G won't start

Mariah8608

Lurker
Sep 20, 2015
I broke my phone screen the other day. In an attempt to save money, I bought a new screen and replaced it myself. Upon reassembly, I realized the speaker did not work. I took the phone apart again and may or may not have flipped the speaker (I was unsure which orientation I had originally placed it in), and the speaker still did not work. I took the phone apart again and flipped the speaker, after which the phone did not (and will not) start. I have flipped the speaker countless times, and currently it is in what I believe to be the correct orientation. I have also tried holding power/volume down for 7-10 seconds, for over 2 minutes, and for over 5 minutes (with phone plugged in and charging. Instead of resetting, my phone will flash the LED notification light once, about every 2 minutes when I am holding the buttons. The LED will flash sporadically if I plug it in but the screen will not light.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones