1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Motorola Photon 4G User Guide PDF downloadGeneral

1. tbhausen

tbhausen Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
    KOLIO, Tom Hengels, simcha and 7 others like this.
  2. tbhausen

Woo... I like the looks of this! Very clean UI with predominantly "black on white" menus which is better outdoors. Even the Swype keyboard is black-on-white... nice! "Cool Down Mode"? Interesting... Lots to dig into here for those of us who "can't wait" :D
  3. tbhausen

4-color LED... sweet!
  4. Glod

Glod Active Member

Custom white Swype keyboard. Cool!
  5. halfdriven

halfdriven Member

I left mine in the cup holder of my call in direct sunlight all day once and came back to the cool down warning. Held it in front of the air conditioner vent for a minute or two and it went away. Totally my fault but a cool feature, kept my phone from frying :)
  6. tbhausen

I really like the Moto customizations, at least from what I see in the User Guide. Unless they slow the phone or sap the battery, I don't really see the downside.
  7. wubbie075

wubbie075 Well-Known Member

hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. donniegood

donniegood Well-Known Member

It says specifically in there Lapdock so it will be coming eventually
    drexappeal and DMC-12 like this.
  9. reddragon72

reddragon72 Well-Known Member

The motorola phone portal lools cool. Hopefully better then some other apps out there.
  10. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

My favorite is being able to set up exchange to distinguish between "email" and "corporate." NICE! Hopefully, the security needs on the Photon are enough to finally have the IT department let me use my own phone for emails!
  11. halfdriven

halfdriven Member

during testing my fastest speed was1400.07 kbps
  12. Glod

Glod Active Member

In DC Area on the EVO 4G i get wimax performance up to 9Mbit depending on if i am outside or inside. inside i get around 3Mbit (lolololool)

I wonder if the Photon will get better indoor Wimax performance. I only use wimax when i am really desperate for speed, I dont need any benchmarks to be released to tell me that the 4G Wimax will drain battery life.
  13. McLogan

McLogan Active Member

"If you need to plug an HDMI or micro USB cable into
    your phone while it is resting on the kickstand, you can
    also rotate the phone and rest it with the micro USB
    and HDMI connectors on the top."

Looks like you can use it "upside down" with the kickstand and plug the cables in at the same time. I always thought that seemed dumb, but it looks like they have it covered.

It also looks like you may be able to use the webtop app without the dock, and just an HDMI cable and Bluetooth keyboard.
  14. tbhausen

Hmmm, kept my EVO cable "just in case..."

A very nice User Guide... a few typos but all in all very nice.
  15. drexappeal

I read that too and it seemed a little odd to me. I wonder how that works. Shawheim already confirmed that it can stand up vertically, which eliminated the issue of charging while using (for what I would do in using it as a desk clock at night and charging), but this could be useful for me at work as well.

Only thing I can think of is maybe there's a locking mechanism that'll allow the kickstand to hold the weight of the phone, while it's flat against a surface?
  16. DMC-12

DMC-12 Active Member

I seen that to. *fingers crossed* :)
  17. reddragon72

Looks like there is an FM radio in there. Not that it matters much.
  18. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

yeah i downloaded and even printed the thing. Even though i really didn't need to since I'm getting it tomorrow. So i feel bad I just killed a tree. :D

TS
    donniegood likes this.
  19. halfdriven

halfdriven Member

It will stand on either side or vertically, when the kickstand is open its perfectly centered so the balance for both sides is the same.
  20. drexappeal

Hahaha...Well, technically, you didn't kill the tree, the manufacturers of the paper did ;) And you can "save the earth" more by recycling it, if you don't end up needing it. And before you recycle it, you can even use it for scratch paper first. See, so you were really being productive out of the paper use :D
  21. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

btw you look good in Green

TS
    drexappeal likes this.
  22. horn34

horn34 Active Member

does it say if it comes with a microHDMI cable?
  23. reddragon72

Nothing in the box the phone battery and charger. Oh and the manuals. But that is what makes it interesting. The manual says that you need to buy an accesory to use webtop and an accessory is an hdmi cable :D so heres to hoping that works or we are stuck with a 100 dollar dock.
    horn34 likes this.
  24. horn34

horn34 Active Member

twospirits likes this.
  25. Godfather13

Godfather13 Well-Known Member

Ok, so when we get the phone we have to charge it for at least 3 hours before turning it on and playing with it? Thats going to be hard to do. Ill need will power!

Anyone plan on charging it longer then the 3 hours? Reason?