Motorola Photon on AT&TGeneral

1. beppo1967

beppo1967 New Member

Hi all.

I have a Sprint Motorola Photon and was wondering if there was any possible way to unlock the phone so it will work on the AT&T network?

I have seen web pages saying it can be bootloaded or rooted. I have never tried any of those process's before, so I'm too sure if that will work.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Well-Known Member

I don't think it's possible, to be honest. The SIM card is designed for international use, not so the phone can be used on a different domestic carrier.
  3. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

While looking through vidoes on voice search comparing the iphone and motorola, I came across this video where the guy says the Photon is connected on ATT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AzsZtjKaF_M

I honestly don't know how it was connected to att, but thought I'd share on here in case you wanted to do a little more digging on how to make that happen.
  4. Lokifish

Lokifish Well-Known Member Developer

If you watch it in HD you'll see that he's connected to via wifi to "attwifi" not AT&T. It's a little misleading. I've been involved in a lot of dev work on the Photon and there's still not way to get it to connect to SIM card based US carriers. Still no 4G with unlock either just in case somebody was curious.
    JustSomeDude, drexappeal and KOLIO like this.