• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola Promises the Release of Droid Bionic ICS Update within September

So much for getting ICS in September....oh well...now what..Maybe Ill start a thread that says Moto pormises ICS for Bionic in October...

Well there was already an article several days ago where the new head of Motorola came out and apologized for Bionic owners going through this and said it would be Q4, and not December 31 Q4, which I take meaning won't be toward the end.

Personally I believe it will be closer toward the middle of this month. I am sort of hoping (though likely wrong, just a wish) that possibly Google is having a little fight with Verizon over bloatware and/or other issues and trying to get more of a deal like Apple has and Verizon keeps rejecting the versions because it's not like they want.

Upvote 0
I saw the XDA thread and have to call the developers seed claim untrue. Moto, not Verizon pushes the OTA and there are no developer bionics in the wild at least.
That said, I do believe .246 will be pushed out as the OTA very soon, but you never know till its pushed as the OTA........

Well .247 is out.

Upvote 0
... but ... it was my understanding that it was only available if you paid full retail for it.

... Thom

Yes $549 either way, dev or non dev.

looks like I have yet another upgrade to install, and this after my JB upgrade for my infinity came through....*sigh*

I've been contemplating ICS on my Sony Tablet S which runs HC. Can't bring myself to do it though I can go backwards if needed as it is rooted. I honestly don't like ICS. It is a step backwards in so many ways on especially on the Bionic. Flash working badly on the other phones like the Razr, GSM won't work well and rooting will be tracked (like there's still a warranty anyway.)

Upvote 0
<snip>
I've been contemplating ICS on my Sony Tablet S which runs HC. Can't bring myself to do it though I can go backwards if needed as it is rooted. I honestly don't like ICS. It is a step backwards in so many ways on especially on the Bionic. Flash working badly on the other phones like the Razr, GSM won't work well and rooting will be tracked (like there's still a warranty anyway.)

Sorry, but I don't see any of those being a negative for me. Flash runs perfectly fine since .246, and I have yet to try out .247, but preparing the phone for JB makes me even happier.

For a phone that is stuck at 1.0 GHz this thing is a major improvement in things that really matter to me - connectivity, speed, and reliability. I'll keep it on .246 for the remainder of its life if I have to (or .247 if I decide to move up again) rather than *EVER* go back to GB and the horrid data experience that was 5.9.905.

Also, now that I have offloaded most of my apps to my tablet, it's even snappier....

Upvote 0
Yes $549 either way, dev or non dev.

Well, Flash working badly on any mobile platform is something everyone is going to have to get used to. Adobe is not going to support it, except for security updates for existing things. It's not an ICS issue, it's an issue with Adobe.

BBC News - Adobe Flash Player exits Android Google Play store

Even is someone stays on an old version of Android, as more sites become less mobile flash friendly there are going to be issues with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones