• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola Providing Touchdown Licenses To DROID X Owners With Exchange Issues

Yes you can. But only one account will be active at anytime (pushing or polling). To create new profile, please click Menu/More/Profiles on the main screen, and add a new profile. Long press on any profile to see options such as moving its data to SD card etc. Once you create a new profile, a new button in the home screen (looks like a filing cabinet) will let you quickly switch profiles.

-Taken from the dev's FAQ page www.nitrodesk.com

Thanks so much!
I hope that having one license key is enough ...

Upvote 0
Well that bites Martimus! Wonder why they have an issue with Android?

I just got an email from Moto asking for my corporate email account (like a dummy I gave them my gmail account) and it said I'd have my license as soon as I replied to their request. Which is good because I'm having to rely on the notification from my Hero to know when I have work emails on my droid.....

Upvote 0
I got my key less than 24 hours after submitting. I'm loving Touchdown, as it syncs my tasks, not just email & calendar. Great for business users...and you don't need to download an attachment in order to forward an email that has one!

Interestingly, notifications on the stock email client got much better once I switched to LauncherPro. Got notifications 60-70% of the time, vs about 10% of the time before LauncherPro.

Upvote 0
Great for business users...and you don't need to download an attachment in order to forward an email that has one!

This is the #1 pet peeve I have with phones claiming to have "Exchange compatibility". If your phone downloads an attachment to forward it, it's not utilizing Exchange correctly. I receive very large attachments regularly, and if I'm not in the office I often forward them to someone else for review. It's a bit ridiculous to download a 10 MB PDF file, then re-upload the same 10 MB PDF file just to forward it on.

I remember earlier in the year when I still had my winmo phone, and was out on the road with a salesman who has an iPhone. He was trying to forward on a PDF, and 20 minutes later the phone was still downloading the attachment. I laughed at him, logged into his exchange account with my winmo phone and forwarded 2-3 more attachments for him all before his iPhone was even halfway done downloading the first attachment!

Touchdown is fantastic, I wish Google would integrate it into Android!

Upvote 0
I got my key less than 24 hours after submitting. I'm loving Touchdown, as it syncs my tasks, not just email & calendar. Great for business users...and you don't need to download an attachment in order to forward an email that has one!

What do you mean about that? I noticed recently that in order to forward an email with an attachment it told me I had to download the attachment first. Granted, this was an item in my sent mail that I needed to forward. Would that make a difference?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones