Motorola reps visiting Verizon with Xoom

1. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm Well-Known Member

From Android Guys:

Motorola Reps Visiting Verizon Stores with XOOM in Hand

Posted by: Scott Webster

January 25, 2011
    [​IMG]
    We just got word from one of our trusty readers that some reps are already traveling around with working XOOM tablets. Our guy happened to be at a Verizon store today when a Motorola agent stopped in,carrying the 3.0 tablet with him. Like many of you, our source had previously only seen the Honeycomb tablet through video and second-hand reports. What did he think of it? Well, he had some glowing remarks for the device!
    He offered up the following:
    "That thing is legit!! I could only sneak a few pics but dang that thing is awesome. The quality and build on that thing is solid, feels great in your hand. The unlock button is perfectly placed.
    When asked how he liked Honeycomb, he tells us, "There is not one thing I didn't like about it."
    Sold.
    The next time you swing by a Verizon store to pay your bill, keep your eyes peeled. That guy in a suit might be carrying the new hotness!

Advertisement
  2. jimbo1mcm

Bet they wish they had started sooner with their Tablet
  3. jcash3

jcash3 Well-Known Member

Why would they wish that?
  4. Proph

Proph Well-Known Member

excellent,,, angry birds is one of the running apps in one of those pictures. something to play while waiting for other tablet optimized games.

xoom is a day 1 sale for me.
  5. jimbo1mcm

In reply to Jcash3":

Toshiba has not announced a launch date except a vague "Spring". By that time the Xoom will have sold hundreds of thousands and the Ipad 2 will be in full launch. So, yes, I think Toshiba will be watching intensely and wishing they had moved faster. Sure their specs look good, but I for one, am not going to wait.
  6. jcash3

jcash3 Well-Known Member

Ah, I should have read your title. I agree almost completely with your statement. If I can grab the Xoom for $699 now, I will not wait. We will have to see if BB offers that price though. A $799 price tag might convince me to wait to see what everyone else has to offer.