• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola Triumph Jelly Bean Please Sign Up!

i say yes we should join him and make a motorola coop between the phones that are being screwed from an update but can this fall under bait and switch law s since moto actually didnt unlock ssl for agps like the box it self says something says with the right lawyer we may be able to force the hand of moto developers for selling a faulty device in mass production

Upvote 0
so i signed up for the JB update from the Moto site months ago and as i checked my e mail today i saw this email from Moto about the RAZR M ad lol funny how it came from signing up for the JB update and instead of getting a e mail saying there not going to update or they are they sent me a AD about the RAZR M (and this being the one and only e mail receive from moto since signing up)is it just me or is moto trying to send a message this leads me to believe maybe we wont get the update and they might offer us the $100 credit/gift card (btw funny how the RAZR M is listed for $99.99)to jump over to the RAZR M i think is possible the thing now will be if VM is going to have the RAZR M if they do this sounds like a good deal to me . Did anyone else that signed up got this email with the RAZR M ad ? also is it just me or does the RAZR M look like a upgraded version of the triumph a.k.a triumph 2.0 lol (or how the Triumph should've looked if it was ever finished %100)

DROID RAZR M

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
so i signed up for the JB update from the Moto site months ago and as i checked my e mail today i saw this email from Moto about the RAZR M ad lol funny how it came from signing up for the JB update and instead of getting a e mail saying there not going to update or they are they sent me a AD about the RAZR M (and this being the one and only e mail receive from moto since signing up)is it just me or is moto trying to send a message this leads me to believe maybe we wont get the update and they might offer us the $100 credit/gift card (btw funny how the RAZR M is listed for $99.99)to jump over to the RAZR M i think is possible the thing now will be if VM is going to have the RAZR M if they do this sounds like a good deal to me . Did anyone else that signed up got this email with the RAZR M ad ? also is it just me or does the RAZR M look like a upgraded version of the triumph a.k.a triumph 2.0 lol (or how the Triumph should've looked if it was ever finished %100)

DROID RAZR M

I received the same email...

Upvote 0
Signed up and left yet another message on their support forum, I haven't even owned the Triumph since the Evo V launch. I'm more than doubtful on the update and after this fiasco I certainly wouldn't blame Virgin for being hesitant to get in bed with Motorola again. Which means we'd have to take our $100 elsewhere if we ever get it. Good luck guys!

Upvote 0
Motorola's post today, 10/19/12:

http://www.motorola.com/blog/2012/10/19/trade-up-to-a-new-motorola-smartphone-and-you-may-qualify-for-100-back/

From Droid Life:
motorola-100-dollar-list.png

Upvote 0
Moto is just trying to sucker people into buying a new phone. Never mind that most people went with Virgin in the first place because they didn't want to have a high phone bill. In my opinion we all bought a rebranded Huawei x6 anyway. :D That's ok I'd rather have an update from G60 and MTDEV!!:D Buy another one of their phones when they already slapped us in the face once? Get real Moto

Upvote 0
I have a phone that will not activate with virgin mobile. The previous owner of this phone installed some rom software by GANNONS5197. I would like to contact this individual and see if a fix can be installed. Help put me in touch with this individual as I cannot find a way. Thanks, Steve

Flash stock. The Triumph cannot be activated on anything but stock.

Upvote 0
Got this in my email:

Motorola said:
The best of Android is coming soon to the next generation of Motorola smartphones. With Android 4.1, Jelly Bean, enjoy new and improved features that make getting through your day easier than ever.
As a current owner of MOTOROLA TRIUMPH, you're eligible to receive a $100 rebate* when you purchase and trade up to one of our new Jelly Bean upgradeable devices.

Looks like there were not enough users and an Official jb update will not be coming.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
We can still deliver a crapton of signatures to Moto's front door. Anything is better than nothing.

Yeah. And someone should maybe show them the progress that MTDEV has done on ICS. I mean if MTDEV can get ICS working except for the camera( and the camera half-works) then they deserve to give us some credit at least with an upgrade. Even if they wont do that, we could use the files for the camera. Probably wont do much but if they would see how many people want it, and they have proof with all these people signing this, they might start thinking.

Upvote 0
Listen Motorola has exactly zero benefit to helping Triumph owners at this point. Sorry guys but I don't see petitions etc doing a bit of good. We all bought a phone almost two years ago and now it's going the way of the dodo. It is what it is. I would like to try g60s vm rehashed though. A stripped down ROM might be the best moving forward

Upvote 0
yea theres probably no chance of a update now. if u go to the Motorola and ask them about the triumph they will probably say what? triumph never herd of this phone. im getting tired of no updates so im probably jump over to the ubuntu ship. if virgin mobile get a ubuntu phone imma get it and never look at android again.

They have heard of this phone and there is proof of that on their upgrade page. They have it listed under their "not giving you an update, heres $100" list on their upgrades page. They just think since our phone is old and its VM only, that we dont need an update. They think that 1/10 people have a triumph still and this is not true. A lot of us still have this p.o.s. phone and thats because of MTDEV or we cant get a different one. They are the only reason i dont get a new phone(that and i dont have the money right now..).

Upvote 0
Trust me, after what they've done to us, they can keep their damn $100. I took my business elsewhere to get a Nexus 4. Yes, Google owns both, but the old Motorola put out the Triumph. I was happier with my dumb phone than with the Triumph. Motorola, no matter who owns it, is now on my boycott list. Screw the corporate milking of open source. If Google screws over me on their Nexus lineup, I'll just go to other competition. Too much greed in this world.

Upvote 0
Trust me, after what they've done to us, they can keep their damn $100. I took my business elsewhere to get a Nexus 4. Yes, Google owns both, but the old Motorola put out the Triumph. I was happier with my dumb phone than with the Triumph. Motorola, no matter who owns it, is now on my boycott list. Screw the corporate milking of open source. If Google screws over me on their Nexus lineup, I'll just go to other competition. Too much greed in this world.
you right about that. i moved on to the evo v awhile ago but my next phone will probably be ubuntu phone hopefully vm will get one if not that then a samsung galaxy s2 or 3 hopefully vm get the s3

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones