Motorola Triumph Replacement Phone ExperiencesSupport

1. DenverNugs

DenverNugs Well-Known Member

I've been dealing with a lot of small triumph issues since the day I got the phone, but for the past week I've been having touch screen issues that make the phone unusable. Here are some of the issues I've been having.

-Bright line that goes down the middle of the screen. If I'm looking at grey or white or any light colored pixels I can see a feint line running down the screen along with a slight blotch at the bottom towards the soft buttons. Not causing any issues, but forces me to choose a dark wallpaper.

-Charging port only works with certain micro-usb cords.

-Now, touching any letter on my keyboard will cause many other letters to be input, if I'm on my lockscreen my single ring in the middle will start shaking like I'm trying to slide it up and down very fast.

So my question to all of you is, what experiences have you had with your refurbished replacement? How many replacements have you had so far and what were the issues plaguing the phones? While Virgin's defective item policy is very lenient and simple, it almost seems like they are just passing broken phones around to different users and it's almost luck of the draw to get a replacement that is COMPLETELY free of issues.

Advertisement
  2. pbf98

pbf98 Well-Known Member Contributor

Mine was perfect, I had a cracked lcd screen and no idea why, also had a bad charging port that I tried getting replaced before the lcd went, but they misunderstood me the first time.
    I have had this refurbished one for 3.5 months now and no problems at all. I had a pretty "fun" time dealing with them, but for my hassle they gave me free overnight shipping and I didn't even ask for it.
    They do strive for customer satisfaction.
  3. sounreal

sounreal Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure they ****ked up today. Cause for my replacement they send me a brand new phone. Brand new retail box with everything included.
  4. Whyzor

Whyzor Well-Known Member

Well, they probably just retired all the broken refurbished ones being passed around and decided to dip into the new inventory to keep customers satisfied, it would be smart for them. There's nothing worse than requesting a replacement to get another defective one.
  5. mistichunter

mistichunter Well-Known Member

hey i had 2 replacements cause the first one stopped booting the second one had bad sensor on the screen lock.
  6. DenverNugs

DenverNugs Well-Known Member

Well after only two days of waiting I received my replacement... and I am happy to say it was also brand new in a sealed box. I also get to keep all of the accessories and only send the phone back. If you've been thinking about getting a replacement phone over a little issue you've been dealing with... now might be a good time. My phone has been working great so far. No screen issues whatsoever.
  7. lifeblows10

lifeblows10 Well-Known Member

My second and now my third (current) have issues charging. :/
  8. ecarlson

ecarlson Well-Known Member

I also received the replacement for my dead Triumph today. I also got mine new in the box. I haven't set it up and tested it yet, other than to make sure it turns on (I'm still using the Optimus V at the moment).

I did notice that the black areas of the image background on the new Triumph screen don't seem as dark as they should be: Is this the light leakage issue people are talking about? I don't remember my broken one being like that, but maybe I was just used to it.
  9. sounreal

sounreal Well-Known Member

They are only dumping the stock of what they have. Cause my unit says 08/11.
  10. ziggy46

ziggy46 Well-Known Member Developer

yea i got a new one to... so im going with whyzor's therory lol :D
  11. prawnpie

prawnpie New Member

I'm curious. I've been having problems getting a GPS fix (compared to my Nexus One) since day One. My Triumph says 05MAY11 on the battery door. Have any of you who've been getting replacements been seeing better GPS performance?
  12. navyseal430

navyseal430 Well-Known Member

So I'm having charging issues. Do I just call customer service and ask for a replacement? Is everything free?
  13. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member Contributor

Yes to all.
    navyseal430 likes this.
  14. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

Yeah, I just called earlier tonight to get mine replaced. It was starting to have charging issues (which it didn't have at all when I first got it) and it was starting to get some dust under the screen (or whatever that issue is). Neither were really bad, but if it is under warranty, better to replace it for free when I can.

I had to call customer service twice. The first time I got an idiot that told me to do a battery pull (I was calling from the phone, doesn't really work well for me to do that! :p). He said I would have to call back on another phone so I could do those steps.

The second time, I got someone who was smarter. When I told her I had a Motorola Triumph she said "Oh..." with an inflection that made me think she saw something bad pulling that up. But she was pretty quick to get me a replacement (without needing to pull the battery or anything). It took maybe 30 minutes for both calls. That includes waiting on hold for a bit each time to be transferred. Overall not bad. Get a replacement within 1-2 days. I would say it was excellent customer service except for 2 things. 1: The moron I talked to the first time, he was really quite stupid. 2: the fact that you have to call an automated menu and deal with that for a couple minutes before you can talk to someone in person. So, I would say it was merely pretty good customer service in my experience. Much better than most I have had to deal with.
    navyseal430 likes this.
  15. navyseal430

Do I need to restore my phone to.complete stock before I send it back to them?.
  16. agentc13

Did you talk to them already? I would just to avoid complications, but make sure you don't lie about it if they ask if you rooted the phone or anything like that.
  17. navyseal430

No I havent talked to them yet. I was going to make sure I have everything right before I call. I'm tired of having to watch to make sure my phone is charging and then it still wont even charge my phone all the way.
  18. agentc13

Yeah, that was my issue as well. And rooting or anything would have nothing to do with that issue. It's the fact that the port is badly made.
  19. ecarlson

ecarlson Well-Known Member

LOL. I just received an e-mail with my shipment tracking number from Virgin Mobile for my replacement Triumph ... two days after I received it. And the tracking info even says it was delivered 2 days ago.
  20. some_azn_dude

some_azn_dude Active Member

Well if they are really doing this I guess I'll go ahead and get a new phone and try to be as gentle as possible with the charging jack. I'm starting to have issues charging and 1 dead pixel.
  21. agentc13

They did not tell me it was a new phone, just a replacement. You might get a new one, but it wouldn't be guaranteed.
  22. progmanos

progmanos Well-Known Member

I ordered a replacement (my second one). Hopefully, I will receive a new device as well. However, at this point, I am strongly considering switching to T-Mobile due to the poor customer service from Motorola.
  23. agentc13

Did you get it from Motorola or Virgin Mobile?
  24. progmanos

progmanos Well-Known Member

I got it from Virgin Mobile. I meant that I am bothered by Motorola's lack of response to consumer complaints (both hardware and software) about the device.
  25. phatboyslim12

phatboyslim12 Well-Known Member

I recieved my phone yesterday in under 24hrs from when i called, it was brand new sealed. Pretty nice,