• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Motorola Triumph Replacement Phone Experiences

I thought something might be off with the screen, as it did seem to crack really easily. When I dropped it, it got a single crack across a corner of it, then the next day another crack spread from the first. So now it's just two big cracks across the screen. Really weird. I may buy a digitizer for it, I saw one for a little under $50.

Upvote 0
A few weeks ago, my phone's led flash burnt out. Now in these past 10 days, for the second time, my phone won't turn on after being charged on the wall charger. The red led light will turn on saying it is charging, but it won't turn on unless I plug it into my computer. Because of this, I'm am considering calling for a replacement.

Also, has anyone else had this problem before?

Upvote 0
So I was comparing my replacement triumphs screen with the one I'm returning and the new triumphs screen is noticeably more yellow. Especially on predominantly white backgrounds. And when I turn it sideways, the colors wash out really bad. I'm debating on whether or not I should request another replacement or not. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Upvote 0
So I was comparing my replacement triumphs screen with the one I'm returning and the new triumphs screen is noticeably more yellow. Especially on predominantly white backgrounds. And when I turn it sideways, the colors wash out really bad. I'm debating on whether or not I should request another replacement or not. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I believe there are 2 different screens for the MT and that sounds like the worser of the 2. Although the other one has a blue tint which isn't really noticeable unless you take it a different phone or computer. I would consider returning that one depending on how much it bothers you.

Upvote 0
I believe there are 2 different screens for the MT and that sounds like the worser of the 2. Although the other one has a blue tint which isn't really noticeable unless you take it a different phone or computer. I would consider returning that one depending on how much it bothers you.

The situation sucks man. Everything else works 10 times better on the new one except the yellow tint. I'm thinkin it might be best to just bite the bullet on this one. Last thing I wanna do is get into one of those 12 or 13 phones swapped situations u know.

Upvote 0
The situation sucks man. Everything else works 10 times better on the new one except the yellow tint. I'm thinkin it might be best to just bite the bullet on this one. Last thing I wanna do is get into one of those 12 or 13 phones swapped situations u know.

do u think it might have something to do with the screen protector? I've also noticed that on the new one, the sensors on the front of the phone are almost visible at all times. As opposed to my old triumph where the phone had to be in direct sunlight for the sensors to be seen.

Upvote 0
do u think it might have something to do with the screen protector? I've also noticed that on the new one, the sensors on the front of the phone are almost visible at all times. As opposed to my old triumph where the phone had to be in direct sunlight for the sensors to be seen.

It's possible that it could be the screen protector you could always take it off and find out. As far as the sensors being visible that shouldn't have any effect on anything...

Upvote 0
I have no idea why this one cracked. It only fell maybe two or three feet. And I've dropped my other Triumph, that I had for over six months, many times without cracking it.

maybe when you droped it the first time it weakend aspot . thre second time it went on and spread call in and replace it tell them spmeting is wrong with the phone . i did and got a replacement they never said a word. that was #3 replaccement out of 13 and waiting pn 14 to arrive

Upvote 0
No I know. I was just stating that maybe the screens yellowness has something to do with the screen protector being less dense.

Oh. Yea it may be... Although on mine it always had a slight blue tint even with the screen protector so I'm not completely sure, although I have heard cheap screen protectors can yellow with time...

Upvote 0
Five days from now on the 14th will make it one month since VM sent me the wrong replacement phone and I called to resolve the issue. I've called twice since, and neither time were the VM reps able to give me a solid shipping date. ("Backordered" and "escalated," respectively.) I'm about ready to a) call and ask for a supervisor, b) escalate to corparate, or c) drop VM altogether. Anyone else have any better ideas? :)

Upvote 0
I had to exchange a defective one (assorted random weirdness that my husband's Triumph wasn't having). I'd bought it at Target, so simply went there and told them I needed an exchange, and it went quite smoothly. Had to go through activation again, and I'd love to be able to remove the previous phone from Google Play's listing (which is not possible, so far as I can tell), but it otherwise went fine. The new phone even went smoothly on device insurance (the first one couldn't be set up for that for some alleged network issue reason).

Upvote 0
I had to exchange a defective one (assorted random weirdness that my husband's Triumph wasn't having). I'd bought it at Target, so simply went there and told them I needed an exchange, and it went quite smoothly. Had to go through activation again, and I'd love to be able to remove the previous phone from Google Play's listing (which is not possible, so far as I can tell), but it otherwise went fine. The new phone even went smoothly on device insurance (the first one couldn't be set up for that for some alleged network issue reason).

go to https://play.google.com/store on a desktop computer then scroll down to the bottom. Click "My Orders & devices". Click the "Devices" tab. Uncheck it from the list and any other phone you may have that you don't want shown. Now only the phones you want will show.

Reactions: Seanette
Upvote 0
I escalated to a supervisor when I called for a replacement MT just to make sure that they weren't lying about the MT being out of stock and it didn't really do anything. Sup didn't sound anymore advised than the customer service guy.

Oh and my replacement refurbed MT, has the same charging port issue....wooh!

~Novak

Well, I certainly will be escalting it when I call again tomorrow. I recently recieved an email saying that my service will be cut in 15 days if I don't send back the incorrect phone they sent me. This badly conflicts with A) my need for a phone and B) the instructions they gave me. I'm really frustrated at how poorly they're executing this, really.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones