motorola widgets/dx rom?

Last Updated:

1. yufice

yufice Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My brother got the droid x and I opted to stay with the droid. The rom is interesting with some neat tweaks, but more interesting are the motorola widgets that are on the phone. Is there a way to port the droid x stock rom and/or theme to the regular droid? That'd be cool, but what I really want to know is where to dl the standalone motorola widgets for my droid, those things are really cool

Advertisement
  2. William T Riker

William T Riker Well-Known Member

3. altimax98

altimax98 Well-Known Member

I don't know about the DX but if motorola took a page from HTC's book the widgets are deeply intertwined into the framework and a pain/near impossible to port

4. anaphora68

anaphora68 Well-Known Member

Fab made a comment that the widgets are embedded in the framework. Not likely to see them ported over.

But, you never know. Pete just started porting apps, and he has an X...anything is possible.

5. yufice

yufice Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

damn. I'ma huge fan of the contacts and camera widgets, better than anything i've seen for android thus far.

6. BigMace23

BigMace23 Well-Known Member

Yea... the only way to get those widgets is to get a full port of motoblur, which someone may be working on, but I haven't heard of anyone doing that as of now

7. yournamepenor

yournamepenor Well-Known Member

the ZeusDroid team is working on it right now.

8. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

Great to hear that someone's at least trying. There was a couple apps on the woman's Inc that I liked that I know I'll never get. I hadn't seen what apps are on the DX, but I'd be glad to have them. Go Droid! lol

9. VIO

VIO Well-Known Member

OK I heard that The X wasn't actually running motoblur, just sort of a blur "skin" if you will.

If thats is the case, then I don't see any reason why they widgets can't just be pulled and used elsewhere, like the LG socialite app.

But yeah if the X features full blown Blur then I would imagine the widgets are the same as HTC's and heavily dependent on the framework itself

10. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Warning - complete threadjack ahead!

I just saw this this morning on Android Atlas (Cnet); was hoping it could get ported to the Droid:
    Samsung Road SMS; pretty sweet. It turns on the camera while you text so you can see the ground and not trip on anything.
    Walk Safely With The Samsung Road SMS App : AndroidSPIN | Your No.1 source for Everything Android.

More on topic; I've really been digging the X theme and would love to see the widgets as well. Definitely like the idea of custom sizing them as well.

Edit, looks like there's really no "porting" or this app. The upload on the EVO forum seems to work fine on my droid (with limited experience). Give it a shot if your interested.
    http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/125370-samsung-road-sms-download.html