Motorola's new 1% battery incrementsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Shurple

Shurple Well-Known Member

Today I woke to many updates for my apps. I use Gauge Battery Widget and today they released the new 1% Motorola battery increments update.

I'm noticing the SECOND i unplug my phone, it goes from 100% to 99%. then it goes down 1% every two minutes.

1. Does anyone else use this app and notice this?
    2. Is this really what Motorola is rolling out? If you use another app that shows actual % of the battery and not a picture, are you seeing 1% increments and is it draining super fast for you?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. TG1

TG1 Well-Known Member

I've been using Circle Battery widget on my Moto phones for some time now and I've always seen this behavior. The second I unplug it drops to 99%. How it drops after that is subject to how I use it, though.
  3. redsox985

redsox985 Well-Known Member

I feel like this is something made 3rd party "for Moto phones" and not something released by Moto, as that would be pushed OTA.
  4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Shurple likes this.
  5. Shurple

Shurple Well-Known Member

red: supposedly Motorola is testing out 1% increments and gave Gauge Battery permission to use it. Supposedly*
  6. redsox985

redsox985 Well-Known Member

7. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

There are a number of battery monitoring apps that report on 1% increments on Moto devices that usually report in 10% increments, and all of them have that almost immediate drop to 99%. I don't think that the Gauge Battery widget is doing anything that any of the others haven't already been doing.

The developer of Battery Indicator (and Battery Indicator Pro) has an explanation of what he had to do to get the 1% increments hacked into his app. See OnePercentHack - battery-indicator - Info about the one-percent hack for devices that default to multiples of 10 percent. - Battery Indicator for Android - Google Project Hosting
    Shurple likes this.