• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MotoTorch LED flashlight app not working...

No root LED torch. Only works with froyo.

Not working on mine. I tried it before posting, and just now (again). No werkie.

Color Flashlight working for me

That is NOT an LED flashlight. It uses the screen which is totally useless for my purposes. I need one that uses the 2 LEDs for the camera flash.

Upvote 0
Made sure flash was working by taking a pic, and then set the flash to always on.

Droidlight LED Flashlight = FAIL
SimpleLED Droid Flashligt = FAIL
Flashlight LED = FAIL
Flash Droid (Flashlight) = FAIL
Droid LED Flashlight = FAIL

(on a side note, search for flashlight in the market - and prepare to be amazed at how many flashlight (using phone screen, not LED) apps thre are!

Upvote 0
But Sun isn't the same. You can't use other apps while the light is on. That, to me, is useless. I can use my camera app if that's all I wanted to do.

I do believe that with the changes in froyo, it means that my app wont be able to be used at the same time as the camera. But since using the flash with video is added by default now, maybe it won't be too big of an issue.

However, I think the light will be as bright as it can be.

Upvote 0
I do believe that with the changes in froyo, it means that my app wont be able to be used at the same time as the camera. But since using the flash with video is added by default now, maybe it won't be too big of an issue.

I would go as far to say that it's a non-issue. Just get my MotoTorch working again ... PLEASE! :) ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones