Mount SD Card without inserting USB cable?General

Last Updated:

1. MKAH

MKAH Member This Topic's Starter

Ok,

When I insert the USB cable, I can go to notifications and mount the SD card so I can transfer files to and from my PC. This all works fine.

Lets say I am all done with the connection to my PC so I want to disconnect the USB cable. I go to notifications and select "turn off USB storage". I get the message that I need to "unmount the host". So I go to settings and unmount the SD card, go back to notifications and turn off usb storage. Done, all this works fine too.

Later in the day, I want to browse some videos and picture that are located on my SD card. I get the message "SD card unmounted". No problem, I will just go to setting and mount it? However, not mount option exists in settings.

The only way I can mount the SD card after it has been unmounted, is to insert a USB cable, go to notifications and select mount, or to power off my phone and then power it back on.

I am missing an easier way to do this? :confused:

Thank in advance,

Mark

Advertisement
  2. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

3. Sketchee

Sketchee Well-Known Member

When it says Unmount the host, you shouldn't unmount the SD Card. Instead use Safely Remove Hardware on Windows. Or command click and Eject on the Mac

4. MKAH

MKAH Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you, this make sense.