mounting drives on home/office network to droid?

Last Updated:

1. boatman

boatman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I would like to get my droid to be a computer on my home or office network, such that I can get files directly on it, print from it etc.

I was able to do this win my winmo phones, but of course, they were windows and so was my network.

Is there a way to attach to a computer, and have a file manager on the droid that will be able to see and copy files back and forth between the phone and the computer. I can do this with other linux computers on my work network.

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

It may be possible to mount network drives - probably with an app - if your phone is rooted. I doubt you could do it otherwise.

3. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

If you attach your Droid to your computer with the included USB cable, then drop down the notification bar and tap on "USB Connected" you can choose "MOUNT" which will then mount your Droid's SD card on the computer, so that the computer's file manager sees it as an external drive.

When you're finished, drop down the notification bar and click on "DISCONNECT."

The only thing I don't think you can do is print from the Droid this way.

4. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

No problem. Download EStrongs File Explorer from the market. I've been using it since I got my Droid. No root needed.