• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

oneheadlig

Nov 8, 2009
I'm trying to install the froyo update to my droid and im having a problem. When i connect the droid to my computer so i can drag the update into the root folder of the phone, the computer never reads the phone. It only shows the sd card and not the phones internal storage. anyone know why??? please help!!

I'm trying to install the froyo update to my droid and im having a problem. When i connect the droid to my computer so i can drag the update into the root folder of the phone, the computer never reads the phone. It only shows the sd card and not the phones internal storage. anyone know why??? please help!!

that's what it is supposed to do. You drag the file into the root of the SD card.

Upvote 0
oneheadlig, are you actually mounting the SD card by pulling down the USB Connected notification message and clicking the Mount button on the dialog box? If you don't then the SD card will not be visible to the PC. Android does not automatically mount the SD card in the same way as a USB-drive will, it requires you to definitively command it to mount. Once mounted like that, then it will appear as a drive such as E: or F: or some such thing, which is thus the root folder of the SD card, it won't be labeled with the word root.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones