Mounting Droid

Last Updated:

1. oneheadlig

oneheadlig Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm trying to install the froyo update to my droid and im having a problem. When i connect the droid to my computer so i can drag the update into the root folder of the phone, the computer never reads the phone. It only shows the sd card and not the phones internal storage. anyone know why??? please help!!

Advertisement
  2. Rammknot

Rammknot Active Member

that's what it is supposed to do. You drag the file into the root of the SD card.

3. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

is your SD card mouted? pull down the notification bar, click on the USB option, and a pop up will show up asking you to mount it...click this option and the computer will recognize all the folders on the card.

4. StrifeJester

StrifeJester Well-Known Member

He has it mounted but he is thinking the wrong root. Which I wish people would quit using because it seems whenever someone says root they think of the phone for updates. In this case it would be easier to say on the SDcard not in a subfolder.

5. oneheadlig

oneheadlig Active Member This Topic's Starter

there is no root folder on the sd card

6. kevpan815

kevpan815 Well-Known Member

Do you have the latest Motorola Device Drivers?

7. cwcheese

cwcheese Well-Known Member

oneheadlig, are you actually mounting the SD card by pulling down the USB Connected notification message and clicking the Mount button on the dialog box? If you don't then the SD card will not be visible to the PC. Android does not automatically mount the SD card in the same way as a USB-drive will, it requires you to definitively command it to mount. Once mounted like that, then it will appear as a drive such as E: or F: or some such thing, which is thus the root folder of the SD card, it won't be labeled with the word root.