• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Mounting Phone in HTC Desire Car Upgrade Kit CU S420

chezybezy

Jan 23, 2011
Just received my HTC Desire Car Upgrade Kit CU S420 today, and i must say it looks like a sturdy piece of kit however i cant for the life of me figure out if im putting it in correctly.

to correctly put the usb end into the phone i have to hold the bottom and tilt (push up) the rocker thing that the usb is place on, and hope i line it up right and am not damaging anything!

the manual says shows just to slot / slide the phone like i do with my charging dock i have but it wont line up if done this way and i can see it breaking something on the phone or car charger.
so how do you use it?

also there seems to be a problem with the FRONT cig / utility socket on the honda civic's i.e it doesnt fit right, does anyone have a fix / work around for this?

many thanks for helping a confused person!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones