Mounting Problems on Ubuntu

Last Updated:

1. wcauchois

wcauchois New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I just joined this forum, and I hope you can help me with this technical issue that I've been having recently, or direct me to some online resources.

I'm using Ubuntu 9.10, and lately whenever I try to connect my Motorola Droid via USB and mount the SD card, there has been some strange behavior. The directory to which its mounted is called "/media/?mť" on my filesytem -- that t is a unicode character, t with an accent. And I've never seen an automatic mountpoint beginning with a question mark. Sometimes I can browse the files in this "?mt" folder, but other times I can't (Nautilus just displays a blank folder) -- and whenver I try to unmount I get this error message: "/sbin/umount.devkit: no device for /media/mť_: No such device".

I just upgraded to Android 2.1 today -- do you think that might be the problem? This is so strange.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. peadar

peadar Well-Known Member

That is strange. I've used several different sd cards and one thing I noticed is that when they mount the system creates a mountpoint for them and the mount point is different for each card. It's always /media/<something>

When you unmount how do you do it? I presume you already know that you can do something like:

#unmount /media/*mt*

And, to explore the card:

#ls -l /media/*mt*

If you've already tried wildcards, then I'm stumped...