• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mouse functionality stopped working

bcarroll61

Lurker
Feb 28, 2014
I am a C-4 C-5 quadriplegic without use of my hands. Up until a couple of weeks ago I was able to control my Samsung Galaxy Note II phone using the Bluetooth mouse control built into my wheelchair. I used to be able to scroll up and down pages by moving the mouse pointer to the top or bottom of the screen or move between screens by moving the mouse pointer to the right or left side of the screen. This seemed to stopped working after the most recent software update was pushed to my phone. Any ideas on how to restore this functionality?

I am on the Verizon network. I'm running Android Version 4.3. Baseband version I605VRUEMJ9. Kernel version 3.0.31

I would greatly appreciate any help you may be able to give!

Yes it does show it is connected. I had been successfully using it for over a year. It will still let me double-click on to launch an app, I click and hold the left mouse button and drag the mouse up and down to scroll up and down. The main functionality that has been lost is the ability to move the mouse pointer to the top or bottom or left or right side of the screen and dwell for a couple of seconds to start it scrolling. clicking and dragging is significantly harder to do using mouse through the wheelchair and in some apps clicking and dragging is used to select text rather than a scroll up or down. I hope this defines the problem a little bit clearer. Please let me know if there's any other information you think would be helpful.

Bryan

Upvote 0
Ok, so this is kind of hard without being able to see exactly what the response is and also on how limited your mobility may be.

#1 - Is it possible to power cycle both the Note 2 & the Bluetooth control module on the wheel chair to refresh their connection

#2 - What about causing both devices, N2 & BT on wheel chair to forget their current connection state and then remake those connections. So like re-initiating the the connection to make sure that all the communication protocols for BT were properly initiated.

#3 - Do you have a friend that could come over with a 2nd or different BT Mouse and see if that would function correctly.

#4 - Would be to contact Samsung Tech support to see if they can assist with some kind of driver update for the Note 2 if possible.

Reactions: scanman
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones