1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Move a mechanical key to the touch screen

1. GodIsGreat

GodIsGreat New Member

I have purchased a HTC Legend about 3 weeks ago and am very satisfied with this cell phone. My only concern is related to the reliability of the "mechanical keys" (Home, Menu, Return and Search) :confused:. I have interacted a lot with my cell phone and verified that I need to press the Home button many and many times to leave an application in order to go back to the main menu to get access to another application.
    I would like to know if there is some application to create an icon in the Notification bar (on the top of the touch screen) in order to return to Home screen. This seems to be an interesting solution because the Notification bar is always active, regardless of the application that is running. In this case, the user could access it through the touch screen and avoid using the mechanical keys all the time, so that the user would not need to worry with the life time of the mechanical keys :).

Advertisement
    :
  2. anandroiduser

anandroiduser Well-Known Member

There have been a lot of discussions regarding the durability of the hardware keys (for eg. see http://androidforums.com/htc-legend/74047-hardware-buttons-especially-power-button.html) and even though your suggestion seems... plausible, I'm not aware of such an application.

Also, I'm not sure that the notification bar is always active, there are a number of apps (albeit not the pre-installed ones) that take up the full screen.

Good luck though!
    GodIsGreat likes this.