move apps 2 sd (low disk space problem)Support

Last Updated:

1. mrdoc

mrdoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a solution for low disk space issue on stock Aria rom?

Advertisement
  2. Bob in Northern NJ

Bob in Northern NJ Member

Unfortunately, until FROYO 2.2 is released for the Aria, you can not install apps to the SD card and run them from there. There is no guarantee that AT&T will allow this feature in the 2.2 version that they push out to the phone if they even do so! just like they don't allow tethering or side loading 3rd party app, even though version 2.1 supports both of these! If your phone is rooted, eventually a version of 2.2 will become available that you can flash.

In the mean time, I have an app called ASTRO from the android market place. It allows me to backup all of the apps I downloaded, to the SD card. I can then uninstall any downloaded apps I don't use a lot from the phone's internal memory thus freeing up space. If I decide I need to use the app, I can reinstall it to the phone from the SD card backup. If there is no space, I have to backup other apps and then delete them to reinstall the app I want to currently use. It is basically app management to and from the SD card as different apps are needed.

Other solutions?
    1.) Get a phone with more internal memory. The Aria is an entry level phone in that it only had 384 Meg of internal space, of which AT&t apps use most of, only leaving 108 Meg for the user.

2.) Root the phone and flash the ROM to Liberated Aria DDX R012 (US Version). From what I have been able to learn, this is an HTC factory ROM which has many of the factory pre-installed apps but none of the AT&T apps. I did this and was able to free up almost 185 additional Meg of internal memory on the phone by getting rid of the AT&T pre-loaded apps. Prior to rooting, I had downloaded a total of 8 apps and was receiving "low on memory" messages. After rooting, I have downloaded and installed 20 different apps, plus I am running 16 different pre-installed apps or widgets. I still have 80 meg of available space on the phone's internal memory, and 1.14 gig of space on the 2 gig SD card!

I hope this has been helpful to you.

AndrewAmazed likes this.
  3. mrdoc

thanks a lot for detailed reply..
    It helped..

I m thinking about rooting to liberated rom..

4. mrdoc

thanks a lot for detailed reply..
    It helped..

I m thinking about rooting to liberated rom..

5. dexmix

dexmix Active Member

if you root, you can install app2sd yourself, or just use liberated.

a 2.2 release is eminent though! there is already a leaked rom.

6. mrdoc

wow..
    hase anybody tried that leaked 2.2 rom?