Move apps to SD Card - Why? When? Which?Support

Last Updated:

1. scudder

scudder Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello...

Sorry for the perhaps STUPID question but why disappoint everyone with a SMART post from me!!?? :D

Anyway, we all got 2.2 now and can "move apps to the SD" card. ALRIGHT FINALLY THIS IS GREAT!!!!!!!

QUESTION(s): I presume one might want to move apps to the SD card to "free up some space" but is that the ONLY reason to move the apps to the card?? Is anyone NOT WAITING until space on the phone is an issue and moving the apps to the card right now?? Are there certain apps that are recommended to be on the phone for proper/faster performance? (I know this was an issue with the Palm Centro I used to have where certain apps HAD TO reside on and launch from the phone)?? What are the general pros/cons (if any, besides "saving space," perhaps regarding performance or other concerns) with leaving apps on the phone vs. the SD card??

THANKS!!

Advertisement
  2. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

The developer enable the Apps2SD feature, if they think that their apps function better with internal memory and not on the SD, the option to move the app to SD is not available. So any apps that you can move to SD funcion as is. I haven't noticed any change in performance. There's a thread where members have kindly inputed all apps2SD apps:http://androidforums.com/android-applications/105650-froyo-apps-2-sd-list.html

SD move is a good app that shows what apps you have that can be moved to the SD: SDMove - Android app on AppBrain

3. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member