• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Move Data & obb Folder to external storage

Not a problem any time, K Rize is the one who actually told me about it, I have NFS Most Wanted and Asphalt 8 Airborne running perfectly with the help of Folder Mount Premium... :p

I have folder mount, but how did u get asphalt 8 on your phone? That game is huge. I tried with a fresh install of 1.5 explosion but it says I don't have enough space...:thinking:

Upvote 0
I downloaded Asphalt 8 along with it's SD Data from a torrent after that I put the SD Data in the android/data folder on my extSdCard, then I went to internal sd and created a folder with the same name as the data folder of Asphalt 8, then I loaded up Folder Mount and configured the source directory and the destination directory and added it to Folder Mounts list, once there tap the pin so it turns green that acknowledges that the folders are mounted together (MUST BE DONE TO WORK RIGHT), afterwards I installed the apk and loaded up the game and GAME TIME!! :D

NOTE: While this reply is meant to answer/explain your question of how I did it, this is NOT meant to encourage downloading warez in ANY WAY, if you want any piece of software be it game or application for your phone you should always purchase it from the Developer that created it, they put countless hours into their work for your countless hours of enjoyment :D :smokingsomb:

Oh that's how u but big game files onto external memory if I dont have enough internal

Upvote 0
I downloaded Asphalt 8 along with it's SD Data from a torrent after that I put the SD Data in the android/data folder on my extSdCard, then I went to internal sd and created a folder with the same name as the data folder of Asphalt 8, then I loaded up Folder Mount and configured the source directory and the destination directory and added it to Folder Mounts list, once there tap the pin so it turns green that acknowledges that the folders are mounted together (MUST BE DONE TO WORK RIGHT), afterwards I installed the apk and loaded up the game and GAME TIME!! :D

NOTE: While this reply is meant to answer/explain your question of how I did it, this is NOT meant to encourage downloading warez in ANY WAY, if you want any piece of software be it game or application for your phone you should always purchase it from the Developer that created it, they put countless hours into their work for your countless hours of enjoyment :D :smokingsomb:

Cool...thanks for the tip....:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones