Move files + apps to SD cardSupport

1. mike1947

mike1947 New Member

Galaxy y
    Hi all
    I'm new to the android market, my daughter set the phone up and she added her gmail account as well as mine-trouble is she gets lots and lots of mail and I want to remove her account but the phone states that I must do a factory reset so I need to move and store all my contacts--music--apps etc to the SD card first, please tell me how to do this. I have tried applications>manage> move to sd card is greyed out
    regards
    Mike:(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
  2. vonchi182

vonchi182 Well-Known Member

helloo there..

how about trying this few steps...

go to settings> accounts and sync then sync off the account of ur daughter..

hope it will help. ^_^
    mike1947 likes this.
  3. malania

malania Member

If you can root your phone, do it and get titanium backup which will take a backup from A-Z and viola! Later you can restore only selected stuff which you want. :)
  4. vikigmk

vikigmk Member

5. zocuten

zocuten Member

could use links2sd app from market but again it requires a rooted phone, it can move apps to sdcard but they might not work if on sdcard so need to move them back to phone memory after if they don't. There is lots of info about how to root this phone and it is highly recommended since it allows you to fully utilise the phone
  6. Huang Lim

Huang Lim New Member

I've got a question.
    In apps2sd which "thing" is the lock screen, I kinda wan to freeze it out maybe uninstall it.
    Plz and thx.